PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Moshe
October 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Im Moshe from Connecticut USA. I have been playing guitar for 1.5 years, except for learning basic chords in high school, 20 years ago. I have an american tele with Fralin blues pups and a Fernandes strat copy. My amphs are a Fender Champ 12 that I got from a friend for a broken lawnmower when I first started 1.5 years ago. Also a vox ad30vt that I got this year on good advice from robert and others.

Driving home from work I heard "Long Cool Woman" by the Hollies on the radio and thought it would be fun on my tele. I have posted a fixed up TAB for "Long Cool Woman in a black dress" because the tabs I found were totally wrong.

Cheers

Moshe

Spudman
October 16th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard there matey. Your Tele sounds very nice. Got any pictures you can post of it?

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Welcome Moshe.
I love those Fernandes strats, very good overall quality & and the stock pups are really nice

Moshe
October 17th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Welcome aboard there matey. Your Tele sounds very nice. Got any pictures you can post of it?

Sure,

This is before I changed the stock SCN's. I wasn't very happy with those.

Moshe
October 17th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Welcome Moshe.
I love those Fernandes strats, very good overall quality & and the stock pups are really nice

It's an unbelievably nice guitar. I love the 12" fretboard radius. It's just REALLY ugly.

Here's a clip through my champ 12. (I know there is distortion in the bass)
I play the humbucker in the beginning and end and the neck pup for the middle riff.

ted s
October 17th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Welcome Moshe, nice stuff.

warren0728
October 17th, 2006, 05:06 AM
welcome....i think you will like it here!

ww

Tim
October 17th, 2006, 07:23 AM
GRRReat playing Moshe. For only playing a year and a half, you play darn good. Both songs are done well. Welcome to the Fret net!

Robert
October 17th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Welcome Moshe, you've come to the right place!

duhvoodooman
October 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Moshe. Good job on those clips! Hard to believe you've only been playing for a year and a half! I've always liked "Long Cool Woman" but never bothered to learn it. Now I have your correct tab to give me a leg up! :D

kerc
October 17th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome! This is one of the best, friendliest music forums in the Web.

:D

Plank_Spanker
October 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Welcome to The Fret. I'm a nOOb, here, myself, and I really like this board. I think you will, too. :D

Moshe
October 17th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I forgot to add that I have been playing saxophone most of my life so I know something about music already which helps some, so I have been able to focus only on learning guitar technique. I have been practicing probably at least an hour a day, on average (some days 3 hours, some none).

I can't solo really yet, but I can memorize and repeat and play basic parts of songs.