PDA

View Full Version : You might like that little fellow (ENGL)

Jimi75
August 5th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hey there pirates,

German amp manufacturer ENGL comes out with a trmendous little amph called "Gigmaster".

It has a bunch of cool features, one of them is you can regulate the wattage. It comes with a maximum of 15w.

Here's a cool video. Check it out, the guy plays all modes, from Hendrixish clean to 80's metal to kinda brown sound things.

This baby might be under the Christmas tree this year.

OBxAerqnwrs

LeadedEL84
August 5th, 2010, 08:13 PM
That thing is a little monster! I'm not sure what it sounds like in the room with it but it sounds big in the recording. Big versatile sound for such a small amp. I'm impressed.

marnold
August 6th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Lots of cool and affordable little tube amphs out there these days. Good times to be a guitar player.

MAXIFUNK
August 6th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Looks Cool But Not $875.00 Usd Cool.

Tweaker Still Heads The List!

Robert
August 6th, 2010, 09:15 AM
That sure sounds great!

msteeln
August 6th, 2010, 01:38 PM
If it was demo'ed coupled with the extension cab then that's another $150-ish added, coming out to nearly 1G to get the sound heard here. The head-only into 12s of your choice might be the better deal.

I wish someone would dish out a 15 or less watter with 6L6s like the OLD amps often were.

Jimi75
August 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM
See folks, we here in Europe also puke when we buy guitars from overseas (USA, Canada) and see what you guys pay for them, this time it's vice versa.

But I guess that the final price will fall - isn't it always like that?

Currently, there's no other of the small amphs that sounds better.

Eric
August 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
...this time it's vice versa.
Cool. How much is street price for you?

If there's an easy way to look this up, I apologize -- it's just a passing thought and I don't have time right now.

Jimi75
August 6th, 2010, 02:55 PM
About 460 USD.

Eric
August 6th, 2010, 10:15 PM
About 460 USD.
Ah. Well, that makes quite a difference!

LeadedEL84
August 6th, 2010, 10:56 PM
About 460 USD.
Wow! If those were available here for less than $500 here I bet they would be a popular item. There are a lot of small tube amps to choose from that are reasonably priced but that Engl has a lot of options that alot of them don't offer.