PDA

View Full Version : Imbedding videos in a post

LeadedEL84
August 6th, 2010, 11:22 PM
This is my 99th post which makes it the last post I will make before graduating to a 3 digit fretter. Since milestones are a good time for reflection and evaluation I decided there are a few things I need to know before becoming a 3 digit poster. So I have a few questions for the veteran posters.

#1 Do you play better with more digits?

#2 How the heck do you guys imbed youtube videos in your posts?

I am baffled on how to imbed videos in my posts. I should have learned it by now. I figured out how to do pictures but I always end up posting links to youtube because I don't know how to do it right.:lecture
Please teach me this cool magic trick...

Tig
August 7th, 2010, 02:30 AM
#1 Do you play better with more digits?

#2 How the heck do you guys imbed youtube videos in your posts?

#1 Yes, the more digits I have, the more strings and complex chords I can play. You did mean digits, as in fingers, right? :poke

#2 U-toobs is easy once you get what it takes.
In the address bar of the Youtube video you want to show you'll see something like "watch?v=" and then a bunch of letters and numbers right after the "="...
Copy just those letters/numbers after the "=", then in a spot in your new Fret post, click the Youtube button and then paste them in between the brackets that just showed up.
Done!

LeadedEL84
August 7th, 2010, 04:11 AM
#1 Yes, the more digits I have, the more strings and complex chords I can play. You did mean digits, as in fingers, right? :poke

#2 U-toobs is easy once you get what it takes.
In the address bar of the Youtube video you want to show you'll see something like "watch?v=" and then a bunch of letters and numbers right after the "="...
Copy just those letters/numbers after the "=", then in a spot in your new Fret post, click the Youtube button and then paste them in between the brackets that just showed up.

Done!

#1 Yep. You got the joke.:thumbsup I wonder if Django would see the humor?

#2 I think I used too much of the "U-Toob" address in between the brackets. That must have been why I was getting the text showing up in my posts instead of the video. I tried to trouble shoot the problem a few times through process of elimination but I never figured it out. So I gave up and just posted links instead.

Thanks for the help. Yooz uh good guy.
I need to hit the "submit reply"button now and make my 100th post. Then I'm going to practice my triads. :greenguitar:

LeadedEL84
August 8th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks Tig! I used my new youtube posting powers earlier today. You are right,it was really simple. I sometimes get lost when looking at the code and didn't know what part of the youtube address to use. Thanks for the help. I owe you a cold one:beer:

Duffy
September 6th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Don't you think it would be good to make a sticky about embeding videos, very easy to do; and posting pictures, not so easy?

I think a lot of us would be able to use it as a refresher or reference when we forget just exactly how to do one or the other, especially for those of us that don't do it that often and don't have it ingrained in our consciousness.

We could just go to the sticky without having to search around or post questions.

It might be best if it was a "dumbed down" explanation, taking little for granted, that gives step by step directions how to do each of these things. That way those of us that are not computer experts would be able to learn a lot.

Thanks for the consideration of this idea.

Duffy
September 28th, 2010, 05:13 AM
A sticky here would help a lot of people who want to find out how to embed videos and pictures.

Don't you think it would be good to make a sticky about embeding videos, very easy to do; and posting pictures, not so easy?

Thank you for your consideration. A lot of people could use this to simplify their quest to find out how to do these not always so simple things to the new comer.

Robert
September 28th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Ok, I made a sticky with instructions. All good?

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16458

:)

Duffy
September 28th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Thank you. I think that some people might appreciate having that simple explanation.

How about one for embeding photos using photobucket? Is that possible or is that something that is better off left alone?

Anyway, I think people will refer to the sticky showing how to post Utubes.

Thanks again.