PDA

View Full Version : Blind faith - cant find my way home

pes_laul
August 7th, 2010, 08:21 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mUW1SGF7bR8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mUW1SGF7bR8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

My dad got me onto this. Steve winwood is awesome!

DeanEVO_Dude
August 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I stold that record (12" vinyl) from my mom's brother and sister many, many, many years ago! Great album!

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Clapton on a Tele Custom! With a Strat neck! Cool.... :rockya

DeanEVO_Dude
August 7th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Clapton on a Tele Custom! With a Strat neck! Cool.... :rockya

Actually, that is a Tele Deluxe... Telecaster, 2 humbuckers, Les Paul style electronics, Strat headstock.

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Actually, that is a Tele Deluxe... Telecaster, 2 humbuckers, Les Paul style electronics, Strat headstock.
Well, actually, we're both wrong. There aren't many good shots of Clapton in that video, but here's a peek at the guitar--standard Tele single coils and control plate:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/744c5d847433b2a.jpg

I called it a "Custom" because (except for the neck) it looks a lot like the current Squier Classic Vibe Tele Custom model:

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/prod_images/guitars/0303030500_xl.jpg

But that's not what the Tele Custom historically looked like. Or the Deluxe either. There was, however, a '62 Tele Custom model that looks just like this:

http://www.premierguitar.com/gear/Guitars/Electric_Solid_Body/866585/_62_Telecaster_Custom.aspx

DeanEVO_Dude
August 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Good eye, you're right... Seems, like you say, it is a standard tele, only with a strat neck.

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Just edited my last post--check it out. There's a '62 Tele Custom that matches EC's, except for the neck.

R_of_G
August 7th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Whatever guitar EC is playing, it's a great song and a staple of classic rock radio. I wish this project lasted longer, I love a lot of the Blind Faith material.

duhvoodooman
August 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Whatever guitar EC is playing, it's a great song and a staple of classic rock radio. I wish this project lasted longer, I love a lot of the Blind Faith material.
Sorry--we gear hounds get carried away sometimes. :thwap

cedwards
August 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM
My daughter recently gave me the new Hendrix "Valleys of Neptune" CD. Jimi probably wouldn't have wanted that stuff issued but there are some great tunes on it.

Point is, that took me back to listening to Hendrix, Clapton, Jeff Beck, Cream, Blind Faith, Yardbirds etc. It's a treat to get reaquainted with all that great music after so many years. There was such a wealth of talent and imagination in all those folks. Just missed Winwood by a day in Quebec City this Summer. Shame - would haved liked to have caught that one.

Tone2TheBone
August 8th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I played a few Blind Faith tunes back in the day. Great post always loved that particular group.

guitarhack
August 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
One of my favorite albums. EC's solo in "Presence Of The Lord", just blew me away the first time, and several subsequent times, listening to it.

R_of_G
August 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry--we gear hounds get carried away sometimes. :thwap

Oh I appreciate the gear-geek stuff, just thought I'd mention the music too. :rockya

Pickngrin
August 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the video clip! What a great band they were.

marnold
August 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
The problem with Blind Faith is that every time I think of them, I think of that album cover. Don't know who the brain cell was behind that one.

msteeln
August 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM
The problem with Blind Faith is that every time I think of them, I think of that album cover. Don't know who the brain cell was behind that one.Don't worry, it or Zep 5 won't happen again in this PC/uptight world of today.

DeanEVO_Dude
August 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
The problem with Blind Faith is that every time I think of them, I think of that album cover. Don't know who the brain cell was behind that one.

If you are referring to the original cover... If memory serves, that is Ginger Baker's daughter, around 14 or 15 years old. I don't know whos idea it was, but... :thwap

guitarhack
August 10th, 2010, 05:29 AM
If you are referring to the original cover... If memory serves, that is Ginger Baker's daughter, around 14 or 15 years old. I don't know whos idea it was, but... :thwap

According to Wikipedia, the girl was an 11 year old whose older sister was first offered the job of modelling. The rumor about Baker's daughter was one that was encouraged by the record company, according to the article I read.

Kazz
August 10th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Not sure what this cover looks like, or LZ 5 for that matter....but Poison's Open Up and Say Ahh original cover and The Black Crowe's Amorica original covers were shocking to say the least.

sunvalleylaw
August 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I like this song, and being relatively new to that era of music (like I have said, in '69, I was listening to the Monkees and Scooby Doo), I did not know who it was. I heard it on a soundtrack recently to the movie "Without Limits" about Steve Prefontaine. Fit the movie very well. I am glad to know a bit more about the song, and will check out the rest of this album and project now that I know.

Kazz
August 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Pre....Pre....Pre....

Commodore 64
August 11th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I looked up the cover for the Blind Faith Album, and read the wiki. I'm not a PC person, and I don't get offended easily. But I have 2 daughters, and that cover is ****ing wrong. It's ****ing wrong. I don't care what ridiculous vision the "artist" had, he's a ****ing moron, borderline pedophile.

Eric
August 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I looked up the cover for the Blind Faith Album, and read the wiki. I'm not a PC person, and I don't get offended easily. But I have 2 daughters, and that cover is ****ing wrong. It's ****ing wrong. I don't care what ridiculous vision the "artist" had, he's a ****ing moron, borderline pedophile.
Wow.

Yeah, I agree. If anything, this thread has shown me just how horrible some albums covers can be. I never even knew.

sunvalleylaw
August 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the album cover certainly invokes controversy. I cannot imagine that was not intended by the guy who did the cover.

But I sure love Winwood's vocal, Clapton's lead playing (I like that tele) and this song in general that Kris found. Since I never saw the album cover in the first place (before looking at wiki), I am going to consign it to the internet trash bin, and continue to enjoy the music.

R_of_G
August 11th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Controversial for sure.

Wrong or right though is subjective.

Personally I don't think art can be wrong. It can be distasteful or offensive to individuals but I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that either.

Art reflects society which is often distasteful and offensive.

Let's just say I have several album covers decorating my home and though I love the Blind Faith album, it's not one of them.

Commodore 64
August 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah, the music is great. No disagreement there.

Eric
August 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Controversial for sure.

Wrong or right though is subjective.

Personally I don't think art can be wrong. It can be distasteful or offensive to individuals but I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that either.

Art reflects society which is often distasteful and offensive.

Let's just say I have several album covers decorating my home and though I love the Blind Faith album, it's not one of them.
I'd argue that after a certain point, knowingly offensive and baiting becomes wrong. You can call it art, but for me at least, there's always a line somewhere.

Now Nickelback...that's art. ;)

poodlesrule
August 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Late reply as I was away.

A school friend made me discover Blind Faith, and many others, as he made a bunch of reel-to-reel tapes for me -he also took me to see T.Bone Walker and Willie Dixon live. Cool.

I spent many nights studying thermodynamics and such with headphones on...
BF was a favorite, Their music throw me in strong flashbash mode into the days of high testosterone, thinking of that girl from the international school nearby who looked just like the actress in the movie The story of O, being broke, and drooling on my friend SG!

At some time, in my final days on earth, Can^t Find My Way Home will still be in my head, and this thought pleases me a great deal.

R_of_G
August 13th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I'd argue that after a certain point, knowingly offensive and baiting becomes wrong. You can call it art, but for me at least, there's always a line somewhere.

Unless of course the art is in the baiting itself (see also, Lenny Bruce). :poke