PDA

View Full Version : some blues guitar...

FrankAxtell
August 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9500868

marnold
August 8th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Great stuff, Frank. I can't get enough of your blues playing. Now for my repeated nag: any word on the album?

piebaldpython
August 8th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Good playing Frank......but the recording was much too LUSH for my "blues taste". The vocals and some of the git work seemed reminiscent of ZZ TOP (though I can't remember which tune of theirs). Your git-work finally stepped out around the 3:10 mark until the end and kind of over-powered the LUSH-ness factor, which was appreciated here.

Just my personal $.02 on the LUSH factor, so I apologize if that seemed dominant in my review.

Tig
August 9th, 2010, 09:26 AM
The vocals and some of the git work seemed reminiscent of ZZ TOP (though I can't remember which tune of theirs).

The rhythm reminds me of ZZ Top's "Fool For Your Stockings", which is among their best songs, IMO.

I dig the song and style for what it is to me, smooth, sexy, night life feelin'!

MAXIFUNK
August 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM
MAN THAT WAS KILLER GREAT TONE ONE DAY ONE I'LL BE ABLE LET IT FLOW LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause :applause :applause :applause

Pickngrin
August 12th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Great, great playing, as always, Frank. I pick up on that ZZ Top vibe, too...reminds me of Fool For Your Stockings, too....

FrankAxtell
August 14th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Great stuff, Frank. I can't get enough of your blues playing. Now for my repeated nag: any word on the album?
Thanks so much for your support, it's very appreciated...as soon as the recording and mastering process is complete, I will post the info here on The Fret.

jailmefw
August 14th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Thanks so much.
Good Guitar sound ,i like it.

sunvalleylaw
August 14th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I really like this one too Frank. I particularly like the lines starting at 2:25 or so, and the note selection between there and around 3. :thumbsup

duhvoodooman
August 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Beautifully played, as always, Frank. Great Strat neck blues tone; love that outro solo....

bigG
August 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Damn, son, you done it again! Excellent, Frank! :applause

I don't know abt ZZ Top, but I hear Robin Trower all over that, and I love the way you kept the bass line thumping and simple - works perfect for this tune!