PDA

View Full Version : That old feeling again

M29
August 10th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Anyone got that old feeling again? I know we have some bow hunters on here.

It is in the air up here in Michigan.
Will be gathering up gear and sharpening up the old hunting knife soon.

5fq7ZGD_sbc

piebaldpython
August 10th, 2010, 06:24 PM
It's too darn hot and humid in Philly to have any kind of feeling.

Eric
August 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Hear, hear.

M29
August 11th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Yeah it's hot and humid here too but I am startin to get it. :happy

street music
August 13th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I watched a nice 8 point and I have seen a 10 point in the yard too in the last couple of weeks, saw 5 bucks in the yard Tuesday evening enjoying the rain. I just sit back and watch them most of the time anymore, I don't want my shoulder to hurt so bow hunting is over for now.

kiteman
August 13th, 2010, 05:40 PM

Ditto here. Whew! Been without the main AC a whole week because I had to wait for my nephew to come by and help me pull the unit out for cleaning.

Katastrophe
August 13th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yep, I'm about 4 hours away from Kiteman, and about and hour and a half north of Tig.

It's been rumored that the devil came to vacation here, and had to leave because it was just too durn hot.

100 degrees fahrenheit on the ol' thermometer today.

While I get all excited for huntin' season, it just ain't happenin' right now.

kiteman
August 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Yep, I'm about 4 hours away from Kiteman, and about and hour and a half north of Tig.

It's been rumored that the devil came to vacation here, and had to leave because it was just too durn hot.

100 degrees fahrenheit on the ol' thermometer today.

While I get all excited for huntin' season, it just ain't happenin' right now.

When Winter comes mate, when Winter comes. :D

Katastrophe
August 14th, 2010, 09:17 AM
When Winter comes mate, when Winter comes. :D

I hear ya! I'll be looking forward to that week of 40 degree weather in February.:thwap

Tone2TheBone
August 19th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Got to see Ted perform this tune this summer. Brought a smile to my face. I can't wait to go back to Roswell to hunt some desert mule deer in January.

Heywood Jablomie
August 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Let's all go out and kill something. Such fun.

Tone2TheBone
August 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM

It is isn't it. :pancake :dude :dance :thumbsup

Bloozcat
August 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Killing just "something" is indiscriminate and wasteful killing. We're talking deer, food for the table. First order predators, can't help it. Kill it then grill it! :hungry

Tone2TheBone
August 19th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Killing just "something" is indiscriminate and wasteful killing. We're talking deer, food for the table. First order predators, can't help it. Kill it then grill it! :hungry

Here here. I love animals. Really. They're delicious. :drool: :)

sumitomo
August 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I tell you what if those 2 bucks don't stop eating my young fruit trees in my back yard,I'm gunna be eating them!!!! Sumi:D

omegadot
August 19th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't hunt, but I do so wish for the cold winter again. People from Buffalo don't belong in the south. We melt.

Brian Krashpad
August 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
A long time ago, Fred Bear Archery hired me to work at their factory here in Gainesville after they moved down from up north. Worked the graveyard shift for a month or so. Then when they were caught up from the backlog from the move, the motherf*ckers fired the entire night shift, which had clearly been their intent the whole time. They just didn't feel it necessary to tell any of the workers the job was a temporary one.

I do not have kind feelings for Fred or his stupidass bear.