PDA

View Full Version : put it together and now I get alot of buzz

grungeiceman
August 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I put her back together now I get alot of buzz on the 1st and 2nd frets is this an angle issue or truss rod

marnold
August 11th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Your Strat, I assume? Did you do anything to the nut? It might not hurt to just let it sit for a while and let the neck adjust to string tension again before fiddling with anything.

deeaa
August 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Impossible to say without eyes on guitar with this data. Is the rod ok, i.e. is neck straight with just enough bend to it that a string pressed down 1st and 12th fret rings in between just barely. Then it's not the rod. Are the strings slightly higher over the last fret than 1st? then it's not the angle. Does the buzz occur with open strings, if not, nut should be ok. Leaves a raised fret somewhere, or warped neck.

Explain more about where and how does it occur and how yhe above seem...should be easy to spot the problem. Uneven frets are hardest to spot, you need a straight good ruler to find the bad one.

oldguy
August 12th, 2010, 03:17 AM
If you just reassembled it w/o changing anything it probably just needs a good setup. The Fender site has instructions on setup.

gordy_sg_no1
September 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
If you just reassembled it w/o changing anything it probably just needs a good setup. The Fender site has instructions on setup.

i agree its often the case after a good fiddle the instrument goes out of wack and need a good set up.