PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shui anyone..?

poodlesrule
August 13th, 2010, 11:28 PM
I need to choose between two small appartments , where larger one is maybe more suitable for my needs going forward (getting old and goofing around with stuff), but instinctively, it does not feel quite right, where the smaller does so.

I wonder if Feng Shiu may help me find out if there is a *wrong* way about the place?

I have tossed the choice back and forth, and am starting to wear out doing so...

Tig
August 13th, 2010, 11:45 PM
I rely on gut feeling when it comes to this kind of stuff. The right place always feels like it is the right place.

// Go back several years ago when Mrs. Tig and I were looking at houses to lease until we could get back on our financial feet. One house looked alright until I walked into the kitchen. It didn't have anything obviously wrong with it, but there was a sudden, unexpected feeling that I've never felt before or since...
It was like something very painful, dark and powerful happened there. It was overwhelming! I just wanted to get the hell outa' there!

After we toured the house and were outside, my wife asked, "Did you feel that? Something about the kitchen made me feel sick with dread, as if something bad happened there." I'm not into ghosts and all that kind of stuff, but this really hit me hard. We never looked back after leaving that house. When she was a kid, she some how always knew before anyone else when a grandparent or aunt passed away. The same thing used to happen to my sister.

piebaldpython
August 14th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Poodlesrule......what you are getting is a GUT feeling about the apartments.

As I understand it......Feng Shui.....is about setting up furniture/decorating to maximize the "positive" feelings/aura in a room or place.

So, if a place is "negative" before the furniture/decorating commences, I don't see how you can turn that negative into a plus. My $.02.

otaypanky
August 14th, 2010, 08:26 AM
While it's impossible to add space you don't have, it is possible to develop squirrel like characteristics and efficiently use all the available space you do have. The gut feeling thing of Feng Shui is important to me too. But again, there's a lot you can do to make a space more inviting and comfortable.
Some unchangeable and practical considerations may be helpful in deciding which is best. Which has a better view? Windows and sunlight? Parking if needed, stairs? Distance to grocery, places you frequent. A safe neighborhood.
New places are cool. Moving is a *****, but it's a good time to purge and make a new space your own. Have fun ~~~

Eric
August 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I dunno. I'd generally look at layout and see if you can visualize what each space would look like.

Sometimes places are really poorly designed, with a large chunk of the room compromised by foot traffic. If there's not something glaring, I'd probably go with the bigger one, but it's almost to the point of there being too many variables to possibly cover in an online forum.

Good luck with whichever direction you decide upon.

sumitomo
August 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
As I get older I really have to watch what I eat,Feng Shui sounds like an upset stomach and gas.Sumi:D