PDA

View Full Version : Any of John 5's solo albums.

stuggy
August 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
He's my favorite guitarist at the time and he's the one that has caused me to pick the guitar back up.His last album came out not to long ago.It's a good mix of styles,and you can really tell how influenced he was by country music.It goes anywhere from spacey metal to chicken pluckin country as he calls it.I think he is very underrated and no wonder Fender has had him work with them to make some guitars.Here's some songs from his solo albums.
rBdMCkFor4c
s8FO5B-aClE
rfcYMzVfN1o
SvRZEiPZrTM
34MaerfHqgY
06w1h8TS9jw
vCv4j6JTWms
DsZGbt1hFFw

Tig
August 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Got the newest one, but I can't really connect to it, as good as he is and all. The man is simply amazing and has such a wide range of abilities.
Most guitar virtuoso instrumental albums don't click well with me, so no surprise.

omegadot
August 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, the whole extreme image thing usually turns me off. I also end up getting bored of the virtuoso type albums as well. He's talented no doubt, but I just can't make myself care that much. I just wish he had more words here.

Katastrophe
August 17th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I dig his music, and tend to look at the whole "scary image" thing as a good marketing technique. I've had a John 5 sig Squier jones for quite some time.

FrankenFretter
August 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I have the new one, and like it a lot when I happen to be in the mood for guitar virtuoso stuff. I like it enough that I may have to get more of his stuff. It's a nice change from all the Petrucci I listen to.

marnold
August 18th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I've been thinking about getting one of his albums for some time. If you were to recommend one above all others, which would it be?

stuggy
August 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I would have to say either his latest one called The art of Malice,or his first one Vertigo.Like i said though they have all different styles on one album.It ranges from like a spaced out heavy riffed songs,to like old style country pickin.I would recommend any of his 5 albums.