PDA

View Full Version : Michigander

K31Scout
August 17th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hi all,
I'm Bill from Indian River MI, a tourist trap and vacation land for down Stater's. I cater to cottage owners and their landscaping and maintenance needs but am very, very close to retiring and handing it off to the kids. I love Olympic archery, traditional archery and fishing and photography. Married for 30 years, mostly happy, especially now. Life is pretty good, praise the Lord!

Winters are long and spent indoors most of the time loading the wood stove. I decided I'm going to strike up guitar playing again after years away from it. I own a Seagull S6 acoustic and a Squier Standard Tele with a Warmoth 1 3/4" nut Fat U shaped neck with a 10 amp Fender amp.

I have justinguitar.com DVD beginners guitar method set and that's going along fine. A lot of it is a refresher course but fun. I have so much to learn and look forward to meeting and talking with many of you.

marnold
August 17th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the Fret! I'm not horribly far from you. We had a conference up there a couple of years ago.

Katastrophe
August 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

FrankenFretter
August 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Welcome aboard The Fret!

Spudman
August 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Hi and welcome Bill. I hope you'll find our community useful for your resurgent endeavor.

sunvalleylaw
August 18th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome Bill!

Tig
August 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Bill!
You'll find many of us have returned to guitar playing after time away. Looks like you have some good gear to start with.

Be sure to check out Robert's video lessons he posts here or at http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/

Commodore 64
August 18th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I started with Justin Guitar too, though I just used his online stuff, and gave him a donation.

I get more out of lessons with a real person though, so I don't much do the whole online lesson thing anymore.

guitardan777
August 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Grettings from S.E. Michigan - Welcome to the Fret : )

K31Scout
August 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the link, Tig. Robert sounds like a great teacher as well.

Eric
August 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Hi Bill. Nice to have you here!

bigG
August 22nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome aboard!

bcdon
August 22nd, 2010, 09:39 PM
I'm glad you joined The Fret, welcome!

Brian Krashpad
August 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Welcome Scout!

Brr. Michigan in winter. At least, I bet it's warm now though.

ZMAN
August 23rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hey Bill been to Indian River many times. My brother used to live in Brighton, Michigan and we would hunt and fish up there. Stayed at the Star Gate Motel a couple of times and ate some wonderful meals at the lovely Brown trout restaurant. Also ate at Vivios Italian place a couple of doors down, and a great little breakfast place that also sold bait.
We stayed at the Star gate because they would allow our hunting dogs. We also stayed in a place about a 1/2 mile further out of town in some cottages. I don't remember the name of that one. We also stayed up by Mackinac a couple of times but hunted in the indian river area for Grouse.
A wonderful vacation spot for sure. My brother has since moved back to Canada to retire but we are planning another trip up there this fall.
Small world to be sure!
We really liked the hospitality up there and everyone was very friendly.
Spent many hours on the two tracks throughout northern Michigan many great memories.