PDA

View Full Version : So I have a Pathfinder...

FrankenFretter
August 19th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I've seen several posts here about Vox Pathfinders. That got me thinking; I have a little solid state Vox in the music room, one that I haven't played in years. Tonight I had a look at it, and sure enough, it's a Pathfinder 10. I guess all the buzz is about the Pathfinder 15s, and to be honest, I never cared much for the sound of that little guy, but maybe I'll give it another try. Maybe it's not as awful as I remember it. It does have a little tiny 6" speaker, though. I wonder if I could fit an 8" speaker in there without too much trouble? It looks like it might have the room.

Anyone else have a Pathfinder 10?

Telefinken
September 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone else have a Pathfinder 10?
Not yet. :)

markb
September 13th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I had one for a while. It wasn't bad clean but I never liked the distortion. Why not try hooking it up to one of your cabinets?

FrankenFretter
September 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I had one for a while. It wasn't bad clean but I never liked the distortion. Why not try hooking it up to one of your cabinets?

Good idea. That might get rid of that annoying "boxy" sound. I know what you mean about the overdrive. I've never tried it with pedals, though.

I actually thought about making it into an amp head....not sure if it's worth the trouble, though.

Kestrel
September 13th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I don't own a Pathfinder 10, but the Vox Pathfinder 15R is a fantastic little amp. Best sounding solid state amp, IMO. Seriously, it's the only solid state amp I've ever cared for (and i've tried a quite a few). I think it's ideal for home use/recording/practice or just to jam with friends, etc... Despite it's small size the Pathfinder 15R can put out an impressive amount of volume too.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/DSCN5053.jpg

FrankenFretter
September 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I don't own a Pathfinder 10, but the Vox Pathfinder 15R is a fantastic little amp. Best sounding solid state amp, IMO. Seriously, it's the only solid state amp I've ever cared for (and i've tried a quite a few). I think it's ideal for home use/recording/practice or just to jam with friends, etc... Despite it's small size the Pathfinder 15R can put out an impressive amount of volume too.

I've heard this more than once. I think that the P15 and the P10 are probably very different animals.

FrankenFretter
March 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I found a use for the Pathfinder. I'm teaching my fiancee's daughter Matilda to play guitar, and she's using the Vox. It's just right for her current needs.