PDA

View Full Version : Short Breathe Jam, round II

grcsomd
August 21st, 2010, 10:02 PM
Folks,

Here is a new version I did on an electric. Last time I sent you all some acoustic stuff, but then found myself drifted back towards the electrons again........(maybe magnetic pull) ??

http://www.box.net/shared/yuvek83ib

OK so this is more to showcase the tone and effects I have put together than the playing. Maybe I should post over to the effects area?

I am trying to model what they do in a high-end Line6 effects processor with the whole "dual tone" thing. I am using 100% VST effects here and an extremely easy to use and high quality DAW(besides cheep) Mixcraft Acoustica. And using some send channels to split the raw guitar into two effects chains and having them panned left and right. vary the reverb on L and R send tracks... and . VOILA>.. magic tone.. (well, maybe its just me but I thought maybe there was somebody else out there who is looking for this...)

So just wanted to see if anybody was out there who wanted to check out this tone and want details on how I did it. Yeah. the playing is my typical mix of my own take on a haunting short classic chord change, and trying (emphasis on try)to play it like my guitar heroes, Zappa, Lifeson, Garcia, and Gilmour may or might (have)... and a looped backing track I laid down since I know it would be too boring for anybody else to play :)

Thanks in Advance,