PDA

View Full Version : Hi from VA Beach

omegadot
August 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
I've been posting for a few weeks but I figured I'd actually introduce myself since I enjoy the community.

My name's Alex, I just started strumming in February of this year. I'm from WNY but I'm in VA with the USN as a geek. I'll be lurking around any advice/lesson threads that pop up, so no treasonous talk! :french

Most of my influences are Rise Against, Dead Milkmen, Ramones, Bouncing Souls, Reel Big Fish but I've been known to binge on GnR, Iron Maiden and Children of Bodem.

Robert
August 23rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Welcome omega man!

Brian Krashpad
August 23rd, 2010, 08:18 AM
Go Navy!

My dad was a career man. Started as an airman recruit and retired a Lieutenant Commander.

Welcome!

woodchuk
August 29th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome! I'm in Williamsburg, so I'm only about an hour away from you. I've been playing for about 15 years. Nice to see another Maiden fan. Do you have The Final Frontier yet?

omegadot
August 29th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome! I'm in Williamsburg, so I'm only about an hour away from you. I've been playing for about 15 years. Nice to see another Maiden fan. Do you have The Final Frontier yet?

No! My friend just recently had me listen to it. It's great stuff!

woodchuk
August 29th, 2010, 07:18 PM
No! My friend just recently had me listen to it. It's great stuff!

Yeah, I'd say it's one of their best yet. They certainly aren't afraid to try different things while staying true to themselves, and I commend them for that. It gets better every time I listen to it.

Tig
August 29th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Wow, I forgot all about The Dead Milkmen! I remember owning the "Eat Your Paisley" album (gotta love the "Beach Party Vietnam" song!). Feel free to point me any of their other albums that would be worth getting.

Oh, and welcome to The Fret!

Beach party Vietnam
Surfin' with the Viet Cong
Cookin' hot dogs with napalm
A beach party Vietnam

Presto
August 29th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Howdy fellow noob!