PDA

View Full Version : Heya, I'm Emma.

xTheUnforgiven93
August 25th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Introducing myself...

I'm Emma. I'm 16, and I live in Bedfordshire in England.
I just finished my GCSE's (got results yesterday), and I'm going to sixth form soon. I also have an amazing boyfriend called Jak who I've been with for almost 2 years... He plays guitar :)
I have only recently started playing (about 2 weeks ago when I got my guitar) you could say, I've played a little in the past, didn't really know how to play though... just a couple of vague attempts.

I've got an Ibanez GRG170DX in Black (I'm fond of Ibanez) and I've got a Vox VT15 which I got yesterday.

I also love Metallica at the moment, can't wait 'till I can play more of their stuff.

perez
August 25th, 2010, 06:10 AM
welcome Emma
you will see that you will like this forum

FrankenFretter
August 25th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Welcome aboard, Emma!

deeaa
August 25th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Welcome!

BTW as it arose in your text, care to enlighten me how does the school path go in GB?

Is it like kindergarten > pre-school > comprehensive school 1-9 grades > either:

> sixth form (kinda like upper secondary school) > university
> vocational school, > college

Or how does it work? I'm a teacher so I'm interested...

sunvalleylaw
August 25th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Welcome Emma!

Monkus
August 25th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Welcome !!! There are a lot of Metallica backing tracking tracks online as well as a lot of how to lessons. You'll be sharpening your chops in no time ! :dude

Brian Krashpad
August 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome Emma!

Tig
August 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome to The Fret!
Plenty you can learn from around here. Dig around the various sections or use the search and you'll find plenty of useful stuff, especially in the Beginner's Section (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php?f=50).
Cheers!

Metallica backing tracks:
http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/Metallica.htm

xTheUnforgiven93
August 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Welcome!

BTW as it arose in your text, care to enlighten me how does the school path go in GB?

Is it like kindergarten > pre-school > comprehensive school 1-9 grades > either:

> sixth form (kinda like upper secondary school) > university
> vocational school, > college

Or how does it work? I'm a teacher so I'm interested...

The first one. At sixth form you get A levels, and then you can go to university afterwards if you choose to.
Dunno if that helps...

Robert
August 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome Emma, glad to have you here!

deeaa
August 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM
The first one. At sixth form you get A levels, and then you can go to university afterwards if you choose to.
Dunno if that helps...

OK thanks...so the 6th form is 3 years and what we call Upper Secondary I guess. At the end of which you get 'Scholar's Tests' which last a few weeks with exams in all subjects up to seven, and then it's off to further education for a profession - at least our 6th form doesn't prepare for any profession, just general knowledge, and you need a minimum of 3 more years to get a profession.

I spent seven more years after my sixth form in schools, so I got to working life near my 30's like most people here.

MAXIFUNK
August 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome Emma!

kidsmoke
August 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Welcome aboard. If you mine the resources here, you'll be well on your way!

Cheers!

oldguy
August 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome, Emma, great introduction, and thanks for posting it!:applause
Nice musical gear you have, and we'll be looking forward to your posts.:dude

Eric
August 25th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hi Emma. Welcome to the fret!

player
August 25th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the fret Emma.I know you will like it here being there is a lot of knowledge,people and good info on this board :thumbsup