PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

Elijah
August 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Just stumbled across your site and discovered your anniversary is the same day as my birthday! And what a great site I must say. I was a moderator on another guitar forum and what a nightmare! It was myself and one other person who never did anything. I spent 99% of my time cleaning up spam. I finally gave it up and when I did the forum folded. It was not a pleasant experience. Anyways, I'm a 58 year old Ohioan that's been plunking around with guitar for the last 40 some odd years. Taught myself on a Yamaha acoustic after falling in love with Neil Young. Still own an acoustic but mostly play electric nowadays. my main focus is on blues, country and southern rock. My equipment is not fancy..a MIM Fender strat/Washburn semi-hollowbody/"Indiana" tele and my first electric I ever owned..an early 80's "Seville" jap strat with one humbucker pickup and a two way switch..along with my "Pearl" a/e which is korean made. My amps are Crate, Peavey and Behringer. I own reverb, chorus, eq and compression effects pedals and a hum debugger for when I play with the single coils. Looking forward to getting and giving some great advice here! I have a little spare time on my hands as I am only working 30 hours a week.

Commodore 64
August 28th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Shout out to a fellow Ohioan!

Robert
August 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome, great to have you here!

Make yerself at home will ya.

bcdon
August 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome! The Fret is a great place to hangout and is full of nice and talented people. See you! :dude

bigG
August 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome aboard!

(Just read your post abt your Hardwire Reverb. Very good choice! :applause )

Brian Krashpad
August 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Welcome Elijah!

Eric
August 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the fret, Elijah!

Tig
August 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Elijah. I bet you'll love this place, as it stays mostly civil and respectful. Plenty of great people to share with, so dig in!

MAXIFUNK
August 30th, 2010, 03:10 PM
WELCOME AND
GO BLUE!!!!! :thumbsup

Spudman
August 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. I can only imagine the headache of moderating a forum.:thwap

Monkus
August 31st, 2010, 05:56 AM
Welcome !