PDA

View Full Version : Thanks George

Tone2TheBone
November 29th, 2005, 11:09 AM
George Harrison
(February 25, 1943 - November 29, 2001)

My favorite Beatle. Funny. Spiritual. A devotee of all things strung.... He will always be a part of my life. -Rob

Tim
November 29th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Yes I agree. He was my favorite to, more than John. I wanted to purchase the concert DVD that was done in his honor. I heard it is pretty good. Can't seem to find in any local stores.

Tone2TheBone
November 29th, 2005, 11:57 AM
We have a store called Hastings and if they don't have it...they can order it. I can find pretty much any DVD or CD there that I am looking for. Even off the wall esoteric ones. If you have a store like that in your town give it a whirl.

Yeah George was hilarious. He was so quiet but his sense of humor sneaks up on you. I just have a personal connection with him in some way. He's not with us but yet he has never left ya know?

Nelskie
November 29th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Man, I absolutely LOVE the Beatles. Love Harrison's work with them, as well as his fantastic catalog of solo work. Few artists / bands have had as much effect in the shaping of modern music, and modern guitar, as the Beatles did. For instance, the tasty, electrified riff leading into "Drive My Car" - genius! Or, the reflective acoustic in "Norwegian Wood". I could go on forever.

I think it might be a good afternoon to pull out "All Things Must Pass", and enjoy some of George's finest work. Hat's off to you, Tone, for remembering! :)

6STRINGS 9LIVES
November 29th, 2005, 01:01 PM
CHEERS..i'll tip one later in memory of "THE QUIET ONE"...GOD BLESS YOU GEORGE . 6S9L

Robert
November 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Thumbs up for George.