PDA

View Full Version : online courses

pinkspeeder
August 31st, 2010, 01:04 AM
has anyone one here purchased any of the online courses? there are so many to choose from...and I do want to purchase one..but Id like to talk to someone or several someones that have tried them....what about the one that is always advertised on here? Or jamarama..or the other one....anyone pay for any of these?

oldguy
August 31st, 2010, 02:13 AM
I have not purchased either, but before you spend your hard-earned money for those.......... I'd suggest you look at Robert's free lessons on Dolphinstreet.com. They are great, and should get you started and keep you interested for some time.
Save that cash for a way cool pink electric + amph!:hungry

pinkspeeder
August 31st, 2010, 02:39 PM
thank you for the advice..I did go there and signed up for their newsletter and free lessons..but I cant figure out which ones are designed for beginners!

omegadot
August 31st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Justin guitar was the best one for me as it has a nicely laid out course. (Sorry Rob!) I can easily just follow his route and do fun stuff on the side. I've gotten significantly better since discovering his site (Through the fret).

oldguy
August 31st, 2010, 05:10 PM
thank you for the advice..I did go there and signed up for their newsletter and free lessons..but I cant figure out which ones are designed for beginners!

You have to study them a little and match them to your ability as you go.
Here's another site, and lessons are listed as beginner, intermediate, etc.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Lessons/Search/