Son Volt
Neil Young
Tom Petty
Uncle Tupelo
Gram Parsons

Anyone?

sunvalleylaw
June 20th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I like 3 or 4 on your list. I don't know some of the others. Would like to learn more from what I know of your good taste.

R_of_G
June 21st, 2008, 08:00 AM
Neil Young for sure. Bill Frisell also has several albums that have a country-rock flavor to them [particularly the album "Good Dog, Happy Man"]

tot_Ou_tard
June 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I like 3 or 4 on your list. I don't know some of the others. Would like to learn more from what I know of your good taste.
Also add Drive By Truckers to the list.

I assume that the ones you don't know are:

Blue Rodeo
Son Volt
Uncle Tupelo

Do you know Lucinda Williams & Gram Parsons?

Lucinda's guitarist, Doug Pettibone http://dougpettibone.com/music/ , is a fantastic player.

He seems to have an acoustic album out. He should do an electric album. I like his style.

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
I was a bit aware Gram, I have had some small exposure to Blue Rodeo, I think. I did not know Uncle Tupelo, but just found some on youtube. I also found Son Volt there from an Austin City Limits show. I like stuff like that. I have heard Lucinda before, but had not paid attention to Doug. Will check it out. Drive by Truckers I have heard discussed here. I will check them too.

warren0728
June 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
i like lucinda and petty (and sometimes neil young)....not too familiar with the others...youtube here i come!

ww

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2008, 10:11 AM
About all the time Neil Young! LOL! And of course you know I am working on some Petty stuff.

tot_Ou_tard
June 21st, 2008, 11:39 AM
I have heard Lucinda before, but had not paid attention to Doug.
The one to get is Live at the Fillmore.