PDA

View Full Version : V-pick Dimension

Robert
September 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Another awesome V-pick!

LGmZyKn3E_c

Katastrophe
September 1st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Wow, I didn't know picks made such a difference in tone!

The V pick does seem to give the notes a certain "pop".

MAXIFUNK
September 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM
Where can I get a few of those?

otaypanky
September 1st, 2010, 11:39 PM
www.v-picks.com

Eric
September 2nd, 2010, 04:57 AM
I bought a couple of Screamers a couple of months ago, and honestly, I prefer regular picks right now. The V-picks sound to me like you're picking with...I don't know...maybe a chunk of plastic. It just seems too bright, like they're just a conveniently shaped pick that makes whatever tone it makes. On an acoustic, it's particularly noticeable.

It's possible I just don't get them yet, but I was surprised to not fall in love with them, based on what others have said on here.

Tig
September 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
This is an excellent demo, Robert. Maybe they'll put it in their Videos section.

I'll never go back to traditional picks ...with the exception of certain acoustic strumming that works better with a thin pick.

Robert
September 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks Tig. Vinnie already put it up on his site! He loved the demo. :)

MAXIFUNK
September 2nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks Tig. Vinnie already put it up on his site! He loved the demo. :)
Robert & Tig what models of their picks to you recommend?

Tig
September 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Robert & Tig what models of their picks to you recommend?

So far I've only played the Medium Pointed (http://www.v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=6&page=picks) and they kick azz.
http://www.v-picks.com/images/medium%20pointed%20and%20small%20pointed.jpg

I just put in an order for some Screamers (http://www.v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=105&page=picks) (in ruby red so I can find them quicker).

Looks like Robert likes the new Dimension Un-Buffed, but I can't justify the extra cost for my level of playing!

sumitomo
September 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm a witness these picks will improve the way you play period.Sumi:D

street music
September 5th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Great demo Robert!

TIG, you should try the acoustic picks if you want to really hear the difference.
I have been using them for over 2 years. The difference from the size and thickness is very noteable from dark to bright sounds, one the picks that Vinnie sent me will darken the sound of whatever guitar I have tried it on, great for getting into a minor chord song or those into metal( which I'm not). The clarity and clean sound of each string is most of what I first noticed. I still refer players to V-Picks all the time.

Neal
September 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I tried the demension pick Robert. You talked me into it, and I'm glad you did.

Best pick that I ever had my nubs on:dance :applause :rockya

Robert
September 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear! It's a wicked pick - I love it.

Andy
September 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
my experience has been they sound great in a jamming situation due to the ping I get from it ...however in a recording situation that ping produces heavy ghost notes(especially on my strat !) that will drive you crazy untill you figure out whats going on.

a couple days ago I stumbled onto a paul gilbert interview where he said almost the exact same thing when asked about V picks, so I know it's just not me being "picky"<<< ok...sorry about that, couldn't help it

Spudman
September 14th, 2010, 09:10 AM
It really depends on which V Pick you use as to how much 'ping' you get. Different models have more or less of it. I use a Screamer and Medium Pointed and have virtually none of the annoying ping I would get using any of the other picks.