PDA

View Full Version : NGD: Peavey JF-1 EXP

DeanEVO_Dude
September 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
I saw this thing in a local guitar shop last weekend...

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/113644/JF-1(TM)%20EXP.cfm

It is a truly stunning instrument. Sunburst, gold hardware... Sounds beautiful, both acoustically and plugged in! I put some $$ down, and I about 6 weeks it will be mine! Can't wait! :happy :dance

One thing that I noticed about it, made me hesitate (a little), is how much it weighs. Seems to be around the weight of a chambered Les Paul (about 50% more than an Epi Dot or Studio). Anyway, anyone out there have one or played one of these sweet guit-fiddles?

Cheers!

Kazz
September 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
That thing looks sweet Dean......Peavey makes some fine guitars. I would kill to have a Generation EXP Tele or an old 80's model Vandenburg.

DeanEVO_Dude
September 3rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
That thing looks sweet Dean......Peavey makes some fine guitars. I would kill to have a Generation EXP Tele or an old 80's model Vandenburg.

I have a friend that has a Vandenburg, and there is one (I think) at the same shop the JF-1 is at... Bringin' back some Hair-Band memories! LOL :rockya

Kestrel
September 9th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I had a Peavey JF-1 EXP for a while. Mine was all black with gold-tone hardware. It was made in China, but what isn't made in China these days? Anyway, I had been looking for a decent budget-priced semi-hollow guitar and bought a Peavey JF-1 EXP. Doesn't have the best fit/finish mind you, but it's a very playable guitar. A couple of things I disliked about it was that the gold-tone finish on the hardware began wearing off in a just couple of days of owning the guitar. I also thought the headstock was too small in proportion to the guitar's body. While the small headstock didn't affect the guitar negatively in any way, it just looked somewhat off. Other than the "aesthetic" issues the JF-1 sounded decent enough. Had I kept the guitar I would have definitely upgraded the hardware and electronics, but I ended up selling it and got a different semi-hollow guitar instead.

DeanEVO_Dude
September 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I had a Peavey JF-1 EXP ... A couple of things I disliked about it was that the gold-tone finish on the hardware began wearing off in a just couple of days of owning the guitar.

That kinda sucks, but the same thing happened to my Epiphone Alnico Classic pickups that I put in my Dean... Cest'la Ve. It does give the guitar some character though...

I also thought the headstock was too small in proportion to the guitar's body. While the small headstock didn't affect the guitar negatively in any way, it just looked somewhat off. Other than the "aesthetic" issues the JF-1 sounded decent enough.

I am glad that I am not alone, I too, feel that the headstock is too small... :rotflmao:

DeanEVO_Dude
September 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Well, I just picked up my newest baby, well, yesterday. To get it sooner, I traded in my modded Crate V5 - got $45 for it, so I am a happy camper right now!

I will post some pictures of my gear soon, as soon as I figure out how, suggestions?