PDA

View Full Version : behringer U-CONTROL UCA202

perez
September 4th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I folks
is this behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx) audio interface any good or is there anything better but around the same price (about 30 €)?

tunghaichuan
September 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I folks
is this behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx) audio interface any good or is there anything better but around the same price (about 30 €)?

I've got one of those. Works as advertised. It's kinda cheap looking and feels pretty flimsy, but I haven't had any problems with it yet. Behringer does have an updated Windows 7 driver for it, which is a big plus for me.

perez
September 4th, 2010, 10:25 AM
and feels pretty flimsy

the hardware or the actual sound of it?

tunghaichuan
September 4th, 2010, 04:21 PM
the hardware or the actual sound of it?

The construction. It doesn't look or feel like it would stand up to any abuse. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it sounds fine for me and it has a 64-bit Windows 7 driver, which is much more than I can say for my Digitech RP155. It's driver will not work with either Audacity nor Reaper.

Eric
September 4th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I have one and it works reasonably well. I use it for guitar and have used it for converting tapes to mp3.

I haven't used many/any other audio interfaces, but this does its job and gets out of the way. It's compatible with Linux, which is a major consideration for me.

Maybe it's Windows, Tung, but mine does work in Audacity when I run it on Linux. I agree that it feels really freaking flimsy, but if you have the right adapter to use it, it's not a bad basic audio interface. I didn't really see anything better for the money when I was looking for something.

tunghaichuan
September 4th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I haven't used many/any other audio interfaces, but this does its job and gets out of the way. It's compatible with Linux, which is a major consideration for me.

Maybe it's Windows, Tung, but mine does work in Audacity when I run it on Linux. I agree that it feels really freaking flimsy, but if you have the right adapter to use it, it's not a bad basic audio interface. I didn't really see anything better for the money when I was looking for something.

The Behringer works great with Windows 7. I downloaded the 64 bit driver just the other day, and it works great with Reaper and Audacity. It is the driver for my Digitech RP155 that is giving me fits. The driver does not play nice with Window 7. Imagine that. :thwap

Eric
September 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
The Behringer works great with Windows 7. I downloaded the 64 bit driver just the other day, and it works great with Reaper and Audacity. It is the driver for my Digitech RP155 that is giving me fits. The driver does not play nice with Window 7. Imagine that. :thwap
Oh, right. I just re-read your post. Sorry about that.

perez
September 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
thanks for the feedback guys