PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Strats

SuperSwede
October 19th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I were visiting a school a couple of days ago, and they had this old beat up Epiphone strat (the one with the explorer like head). I didnt have time to play with it more than a couple of minutes but let me tell you that it had a amazing sound. It nailed that classic strat tone perfectly, warm and steely sound. I think they can be bought at bargain prices so I am definately going to look around for one. I recommend anyone that wants a low cost strat with a killer sound to check them out (might not apply to all Epi strats & it could have had non-stock pickups, but schools probably dont bother to do any modifications to their guitars).

Cranium
October 19th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Epiphone has strat copies? What was it called, I never seen one.

SuperSwede
October 19th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah, they made a couple of different strat copies... here is one, but its a bit different than the one I played on.

http://www.robwesley.com/guitars/Epiphone%20E-200%20Strat.jpg

Plank_Spanker
October 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I never knew that Epi made Strats.

tremoloman
October 19th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, they made a couple of different strat copies... here is one, but its a bit different than the one I played on.

http://www.robwesley.com/guitars/Epiphone%20E-200%20Strat.jpgLike is dead SS... do you know of more? I wanna see the Gibbi-Strat-O-Son

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I hope this works..

http://www.robwesley.com/guitars/Epiphone%20E-200%20Strat.jpg

duhvoodooman
October 20th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Epiphone has strat copies? What was it called, I never seen one.
I believe the Epiphone S series are the Strat copies. The S-310 is the model I've seen pics of before.

Jimi75
October 20th, 2006, 05:02 AM
The best thing about these guitars was that they were delivered together with a "Tattoo" of the Epiphone "E" that you could put on your arm and after the second shower it slowly went away :-)

Only once played one of these guitars and I was blown away! Unfortunately, I could not convince the guy of selling it to me.

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Jimi75, thats what I felt too. I just took it up to play for a couple of minutes, and when I plugged in to the Behringer (!) amp I was overwhelmed.. Very high Mojo factor, and isnt that explorer head gorgeous? :D

Justaguyin_nc
October 20th, 2006, 10:36 AM
This was my first electric guitar.. oh I swear this had such a bad sound.. even with my bad playing.. but the neck was pretty good to learn on.. you can find these on e-bay around 80.00-120.00, about the size of a Squier 51, maybe a bit skinner... but it was a start.. it also was sold as soon as I got a fender...

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Justa.. I guess the quality were different between the different Epi Strat models? The one I played on was really nice.

Big_Rob
December 22nd, 2006, 09:47 AM
I had one of those, I believe that was the first guitar of the modern day Epiphones. It said "Epiphone by Gibson" on the headstock.

I can tell you out of personal experience it was a piece of junk. The neck warped, the electronics went bad, and the trem block separated from the bridge (It wasnt screwed on, it was somehow "attached")

I traded that guitar for 50 bucks at guitar center for my Ibanez AS73