PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Guitars

Hogfullofblues
October 19th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Robert brought this company to my attention when I first joined as they are located just down the street from me. So I have been checking out their current line up. Sorta different, and look it. But pretty much rave reviews at Harmony Central, and some awards listed on their website.

http://www.reverendguitars.com/

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Reverend

Guitars are now made in Korea, strung and set up here in Michigan. Now as I am hankerin for a Strat, I took a look at Fenders at MF, but sheesh, that was a maze of about 30 guitars. But it looks like Reverend's prices seem favorable, so I may be taking a stroll over there for a look see.
What do you all think?
Thanks,

Hogfullofblues
October 19th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Ohoh, sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong place!

duhvoodooman
October 19th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Ohoh, sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong place!
Aaah, close enough! Robert can always move it, if he wants!

Man, that Charger 290 looks SWEET! And I see from their site that there's a dealer about 30 miles north of here. May have to take a drive some weekend and check that puppy out! :DR

Robert
October 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Get one! Reverend is a super good company and all their products are extremely good quality for the price. It's as good as it gets, ladies and gentleman! Their guitars are also so unique and cool looking, surely you must have one.

Hog, call them and ask to come for a visit. I'm sure they'll let you come and relieve them of a guitar. :)

tot_Ou_tard
October 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna' go try out some Reverends (hopefully next week). I'd love to hear what your impressions Hog.

The Charger 290 & the Club King are singing my name.

Hogfullofblues
October 24th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Reverend's only dealer in the area happened to be along my path today, and even though I really didn't have any spare time, I just couldn't drive by without a looksee. Despite my lack of knowledge and experience, having only played one guitar in my life and not for long, I was impressed in those few minutes.
The bodies were not as big or thick or heavy as they looked on the website. I grabbed the 3 single coil model and the action seemed lower than my ibanez and the neck was beefier, but felt good. The clean tone was very sweet indeed - bright and twangy, but with a real richness and depth to it. The bass roll off does make a diff, even with small adjustments, and it all sounded good to me. The sales guy came over and said "check this out". He hit a button or two and maxed out the gain on the amp and WHOA- this thing was screamin. All those high harmonic pitches bordering on feedback and sustain up the wazoo. Not muddy at all. With every gain knob on everything maxed, there was some decent noise from the pickups in the 1,3 and 5 positions, but it still sounded great when played, never shrill or piercing. I can only imagine what the journeyman fretters could get outa this guitar.
This was obviously a demo and looked it, but to my ignorant eye, looked and felt like a well built quality instrument. But it was time to go, and the sales guy invited me back to A/B it against some fenders anytime. I will take him up on the offer but may already be hooked. Dam GAS!

Robert
December 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
Sweet, hogman - so when are you getting your Reverend?

Which model did you try? Sounds like it hit a sweet spot!

That Jetstream 390 with 3 P-90s look mighty sweet to me. They even have one with maple neck! I get that drooling problem again - "where's my drool cup, honey"?

NPauly
December 22nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Several people I know here in NYC have Reverend guitars and they looooove them. The ones that I have seen in person were high quality instruments and at the very very least on par with anything Fender, Gibson, or Ibanez offer in their top of the line models.

Revered just introduced maple necks on a few models and they are supposed to have a whole bunch of new models and colors coming in January '07.

One of the confirmed guitars is a set-neck 24 3/4" scale Warhawk and a new set-neck three P90 Warhawk. :R

Lev
December 22nd, 2006, 03:47 AM
There's a video review from Guitar World on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Br2k70Jx4

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Several people I know here in NYC have Reverend guitars and they looooove them. The ones that I have seen in person were high quality instruments and at the very very least on par with anything Fender, Gibson, or Ibanez offer in their top of the line models.

Revered just introduced maple necks on a few models and they are supposed to have a whole bunch of new models and colors coming in January '07.

One of the confirmed guitars is a set-neck 24 3/4" scale Warhawk and a new set-neck three P90 Warhawk. :R
Does that mean they'll be dropping the 25 1/2" scale Warhawks?

Hogfullofblues
December 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
It was the Jetstream that I tried back then and I have been GASsing for one ever since. I am also way interested in checking out another brand I read about on the forum, but I can't seem to find that post right now. Something like GNF or G&F, the company started by Leo Fender that also now makes a line assembled in Korea (or somewhere like that) that gets rave reviews everywhere I looked and also hovers around the $500 mark. They both sound like a ton of guitar for the money.
For now, though, I will be enjoying my advance Christmas GAS acquirements and upgrading the '51 once the GFS bridges are back in stock.
Maybe next year........(which is right around the corner!)

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
It was the Jetstream that I tried back then and I have been GASsing for one ever since. I am also way interested in checking out another brand I read about on the forum, but I can't seem to find that post right now. Something like GNF or G&F, the company started by Leo Fender that also now makes a line assembled in Korea (or somewhere like that) that gets rave reviews everywhere I looked and also hovers around the $500 mark. They both sound like a ton of guitar for the money.
For now, though, I will be enjoying my advance Christmas GAS acquirements and upgrading the '51 once the GFS bridges are back in stock.
Maybe next year........(which is right around the corner!)

That would be G&L: George & Leo & they get many rave reviews.

Robert
December 22nd, 2006, 09:09 AM
If it's around 500, then it's probably the Tribute series, the G&L "budget" guitars. I would think the Reverends are better quality and more guitar for the money than the G&L Tribute.

Nelskie
December 22nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
If it's around 500, then it's probably the Tribute series, the G&L "budget" guitars. I would think the Reverends are better quality and more guitar for the money than the G&L Tribute.
Hog - Just so you know, there's absolutey nothing budget about the G & L ASAT "Tribute" series guitars. People rave about them for good reason - because they are great - superior quality all around. The link to the G & L thread on FN is below the one to the G & L website.

http://www.glguitars.com/frameset.htm
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=118&highlight=G+%26amp%3B+L+ASAT

Robert
December 22nd, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hog, just so you know, there is no nothing budget about Reverend guitars either. People rave about them for good reasons too.

I have also played both G&L Tribute and Reverend guitars.

Nelskie
December 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
Well, well - - looks like I've been "one-up'ed". Way to go Robert!

Since I don't want to ruffle any feathers here on the Reverend thread, I'll just leave it at this: I own a G & L.

NPauly
December 22nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
Does that mean they'll be dropping the 25 1/2" scale Warhawks?

Straight from the man himself, Joe Naylor, the creator & owner of Reverend guitars ...

Discontinued & New Models Thread @ The Official Reverend Guitars Forums (http://www.reverendguitars.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=637&PN=1)

-- DISCONTINUED MODELS

Charger HB, Charger HB-FM:
We are still taking orders ONLY on the Charger HB-FM for a short time. If you wish to purchase one, you must order ASAP.

Warhawk HB, Warhawk 290:
We are still taking orders for a short time. If you wish to purchase one, you must order ASAP. Please note: the current bolt-on Warhawks will be replaced in 2007 by a new set-neck, 24-3/4” scale version which will be available with two humbuckers or three P-90’s.

-- NEW MODELS (More on the way in January)

NEW CLUB KING RT!
The Club King semi-hollow is now available with Revtron pickups in Rock orange and new Metallic Alpine! See website for details.

MAPLE NECKS AVAILABLE!
Maple fretboard now comes standard on the Charger 290 in Tobacco Burst, and the Jetstream 390 in 3-Tone Burst! Please note: maple is only available on these models with these colors, rosewood is standard on other colors. If you already placed an order for one of these guitars with rosewood, it will come with rosewood.

Thanks,

Joe Naylor & the Reverend Crew

Discontinued Colors for 2007 Thread @ The Official Reverend Guitars Forum (http://www.reverendguitars.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=617&PN=1)

For 2007, every model will be trimmed down to two colors only. This is to make room for new models that will be added in 2007. We can only bring in so many guitars a month, and we'd rather offer more models, but less colors.

So, the following have already been, or will shortly be discontinued. If it not shown at the website, it is already discontinued:

Jetstream HB - metallic red & tobacco burst
Jetstream 390 - black

Charger HB - all
Charger 290 - metallic red

Flatroc - tobacco burst

Club King HB - wine red
Club King 290 - tobacco burst

Warhawk HB - all
Warhawk 290 - all

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,

Joe

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Yikes decisions need to be made.

Thanks, NPauly.

warren0728
December 23rd, 2006, 08:36 AM
i've been looking at reverand guitars and hope they do offer more maple necks....i want a dual humbucker model like the flatrock, charger or jetstream but with a maple neck...

ww