PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the attic.... amusing finds!

poodlesrule
September 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I am cleaning the attic as we may try to move, at some point.

Amusing finds to be had, as I am a bit of a pack rat ("... A person who engages in compulsive hoarding"):

Concert tickets; Stevie Wonder, Sonny Rollins, Lester Bowie, etc. but also computer mags from early eighties, where a 5 MB hard drive was a luxury... and the Apple Lisa was newly introduced!

I do keep all my concert stubs when possible, and enjoy looking at them every few years. Sadly, many are hard to read.

Buried under all that was reel-to-reel tapes a friend made for me back in '72, my discovery of rock/blues music: The Band, GD, Bonnie Raitt, Traffic and others. I still have the Sony player, and should fire it - need to find the special drive wheel to make up for 50-60 HZ speed differential, though.

Retro Hound
September 14th, 2010, 03:10 PM
eBay baby! Support your GAS.

Tig
September 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Fun finds, eh?

I lost any cool stuff like that in a fire, but still have a box of comic books from the 50's, 60's, 70's, as well as the first 20 Spawn comics. I also have several items and keepsakes from the NASA days.

Here's an unopened box of, get this... 8 inch floppy discs! (there's an oxymoron there, somewhere) It came from the early-mid 80's and was used in "smart" terminals we had in the Mission Control Center, believe it or not.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/4990844863_f76222ddd4.jpg

Spudman
September 14th, 2010, 06:11 PM
That sounds like quite a trip down memory lane poodles.

ZMAN
September 15th, 2010, 06:51 AM
We recently found a box of the original Transformers by Hasbro. Circa 1984. They are all there and all work perfectly. 26 years Wow. I gave them to my son they were his, I don't know what he did with them. Several groups of them went to together to make larger units. I also found a Sonax Reverb amp circa 1970. A twin 10 inch combo SS made by Traynor model 720G. In mint condtion. One of the worst sounding amps I have ever owned.