PDA

View Full Version : The backing track strikes back

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I recorded something today while I was messing around with my new GV-2. I dont know what to do with it yet, but I thought that I could always share it as a backing track, so after some cut & paste.. Here is Rock Backing Track #1. Enjoy, or not...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=492694&songID=4572404

Tone2TheBone
October 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Pretty cool dewd. I knew you'd dig the Guv'nah. :)

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 08:22 AM
yup, its really nice. It hums a bit, but it might be my less-than-stellar 9V adaptor.

Tone2TheBone
October 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
yup, its really nice. It hums a bit, but it might be my less-than-stellar 9V adaptor.

I hope it's your adapter. Did you get the unit used somewhere? The Guv is super quiet. Not 'posed to hum.

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 09:30 AM
It´s a new pedal. My adapter might be the problem, it´s taped and god knows how it looks inside. I think I have a newer 9v around somewhere.

Tone2TheBone
October 20th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I wish Marshall would pay me to sing the praises of this new pedal. I'm not much of an overdrive pedal guy like I keep saying but this pedal is the best in the west. So useful for subtle OD and all out spankin' Marshall gain. The pedal even looks cool.....real boutique'ish. Go find another adapter buddy.

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I hear ya.. I havent had this much fun with a OD pedal for a long time.. Did we talk about that insanely great Deep knob yet? :D

This is THE Marshall sound in a box.. wet, wild & willing.

Tone2TheBone
October 20th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Ok now it would be perfect if Jim Marshall came in just now and read all this. :) and cut us some checks. :)

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ehrmm.. he´s still alive?

Robert
October 20th, 2006, 11:29 AM
How did you record the guitar? It sounds good! The guitar reminds me of ZZ Top. Are you happy with the pedal's sound?

Tone2TheBone
October 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Ehrmm.. he´s still alive?

He better be he's my bro! He sent me a personal autograph letter when I bought my Marshall Jubilee! :eek:

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Robert, its guitar > gv2 > tonelab (fender twin patch) > garageband.
Its a fun track to solo over, give it a try! :)

The Guv´nor is really good, check em out and you might do this all day:
http://raj-metal.ifrance.com/GOKURAKU-CLUB_fichiers/gifs%20beck/beck80.gif

T2TB, hmmm..... are you certain that it wasnt a letter from the US Marshalls? I hear that you are wanted in 10 states for playing that damn loud Jubilee :D

Robert
October 20th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Swede, such repetitive work will be easy to accomplish with my new JamMan!

SuperSwede
October 20th, 2006, 12:31 PM
lol... I guess your right.

Ok.. enough of this looping

zeusse
October 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Nice track my man I'll throw a lick on it sometime today and post it back here for ya..tracks got a cool vibe to it:DR

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Zeusse! Its actually a couple of ideas that I mixed together (cut & paste) but I think it works as a backing track for those days that you want to dial in that Lead channel and give yourself a screaming solo workout ;)

jpfeifer
October 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Superswede,

I really like the guitar tone you're getting on this track, very nice. I also like the filter effect that you used later in the track. Sounds great.

-- Jim

SuperSwede
October 23rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks Jim, I really like my new GV-2. I havent played much with overdrive/distorsion for quite some time now, but I have to admit that it´s really fun now that I have a new pedal.

Tim
October 23rd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Excellent playing there SuperSwede. I too love the sound. The drums where very good . How did you fit them in the song with the stop & go while you were playing? Thanks for the inspiration.

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Its two different drum loops from Apple Jam Pack 1 for Garageband. The bass is a midi bass that I recorded with my keyboard. I recorded the guitars over the bass track and added the drum loops after that. Then I did some simple cut and paste so the track would be a little longer.

tot_Ou_tard
October 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM
What guitar is that, SS? Is that your Schecter?

SuperSwede
October 24th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Yes its the Schecter.

Justaguyin_nc
October 24th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Nice sound Swede.... about time we get another backing track up here to mess with!! (or mess up..heh)