PDA

View Full Version : New Bachman Turner 2010

Spudman
September 14th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I just discovered this. It's still not out in Europe yet. It sounds pretty good. Seriously!

You can stream songs from their website
http://www.bachmanandturner.com/btmain.php?ch=store&bid=xEjKw9U5XD6xoDEVgf8CV6S3_ZaY6tHNlVm8pMlXGVk.

sunvalleylaw
September 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM
No kidding! My first real rock album was BTO, Not Fragile. I didn't know they were still around.

Robert
September 14th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Awesome good ole rock! Right on!

ZMAN
September 15th, 2010, 05:54 AM
There was an article on this in the Toronto Star. They mentioned that Bachman has lost the rights to use both the "Guess Who" and " Bachman Turner overdrive", as band names. The other strange thing was he didn't lose it to Burton Cummings or Fred Turner, who were the co creators of the bands.
He had been touring with Burton Cummings recently and I heard some of their songs live. They sounded exactly like their old records it was amazing.

sumitomo
September 15th, 2010, 09:00 AM
*****in' Man I dig BTO! Sumi:D

Spudman
September 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'm glad you guys are digging it. I was really surprised how consistently good the whole album sounded. I read some Bachman interviews a few months ago but there was no mention of the new project. Quite a nice surprise.

FrankenFretter
September 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
There's an article about Randy in one of the two guitar mags I subscribe to, either Vintage Guitar or Guitar World, that talks about the reunion. I just skimmed it, but it sounds like Randy wanted to do it solo, then Fred got in touch, and they decided to do it together. It supposedly picks up right where BTO left off in the 70s.

Randy lives in Lynden, Washington, which is very near my former hometown of Bellingham. I wasn't one of the lucky few cable guys that got to see inside his home, but from what I heard, Randy is an incredibly nice guy. It's good that he's back out there with Fred Turner, doing what they do best!

psylocke24
September 16th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Sounds good. I am starting to like them.