PDA

View Full Version : Joe B. news & tricks

Blaze
September 16th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Some recent quotes from his website..

About the new Epiphone comin..: New Epiphones starting to appear?

''Hey Guys,
Its acutally really good timing that this thread appeared. As I type this I am taking a break after signing the first 400 of 1000 Certificates for the Epiphone. The guitar is cool. It feels very good and has the same burstbuckers I use in the Custom Shop Models. I am very honored that Gibson/ Epiphone is doing this. I hope you all like them. "
Joe Bonamassa

About getting the EJ and Joe B. violin type tone:

''Hey Danny,
Here is the trick for getting that smooth clear yet distorted tone. You start by setting your amp with more gain than you need. Then you roll the volume back on your Les Paul to about 8. Roll your tone down to about 5 or six, and set the amp somewhat dark. The extra gain will give you the carry. I used a pedal chain in the VanWeelden's that consist of a TC -Chorus, a 2290 set very short ( you can substitute any delay , you dont need a 3 thousand dollar unit. ) and a Boss Rev-5. The reverb, chorus, and delay combo with the main delay will give you what you are looking for.
Good Luck.. Oh and the other thing that I found about Eric's tone was its cleaner than you think.. Makes his playing even more amazing right..? ''
Joe Bonamassa