PDA

View Full Version : You really NEED to check out this album! (Bonamassa, Bonham, Hughes, Sherinian)

Perfect Stranger
September 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Check out the players in this supergroup! Dayum....
I just got this album and it rocks!...:happy

Black Country Communion - Black Country Communion (2010)

http://i33.tinypic.com/f1moo.jpg

Black Country Communion is a devastating head-on collision between American and British rock influences a true supergroup that delivers a titanic rock experience greater than the sum of its supremely talented parts. The brainchild of producer Kevin Shirley (Black Crowes, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), the band combines the rock lineage and forces of legendary frontman and bass guitarist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Trapeze), master blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa, powerhouse drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner) and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper). Named after the industrial area in Britain where both Hughes and Bonham were born and raised, Black Country Communion began rehearsing and recording tracks written by both Hughes and Bonamassa at Shangri-La Studios in early 2010.

All songs are sung by Hughes, with the exception of Song Of Yesterday and The Revolution In Me, which are both sung by Bonamassa. The two singers share vocals on Sista Jane and Too Late For The Sun. Also included is a new version of Medusa, the rock classic Hughes originally recorded with his first band, Trapeze.

Tracklist:
01. Black Country
02. One Last Soul
03. The Great Divide
04. Down Again
05. Beggarman
06. Song of Yesterday
07. No Time 08. Medusa
09. The Revolution in Me
10. Stand (At the Burning Tree)
11. Sista Jane
12. Too Late For the Sun

LINE UP:
• Glenn Hughes - lead vocals, bass
• Joe Bonamassa - guitars, backing vocals, lead vocals on "Song of Yesterday" and
"The Revolution in Me", co-lead vocals on "Sista Jane" and "Too Late for the Sun"
• Jason Bonham - drums, percussion
• Derek Sherinian - keyboards

Releases 9/21/10

And it sounds GOOD! :applause You'll like it....

sunvalleylaw
September 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hmm, that looks like it could be very interesting!

Spudman
September 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I've been saying all along that this was going to be good. Thanks for confirming that Stranger.

Perfect Stranger
September 17th, 2010, 08:59 AM
KVfMa61Zjmg

_bQXz0FXUGM

lUcJv9EOXzY

:applause

marnold
September 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Just got a blurb from Joe's email list. Apparently you can listen to the whole thing at this link (for how long, I'm not sure):
http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

Spudman
September 17th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Just got a blurb from Joe's email list. Apparently you can listen to the whole thing at this link (for how long, I'm not sure):
http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

Great interview with most of the band. Thanks Marnold.

...and they are talking about another album in January.:dance

sunvalleylaw
September 17th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cool, listening now at work.

marnold
September 17th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Whelp, after finishing listening to the Rockline thing, I ended up pre-ordering the CD/DVD. Seems like a good ol' fashioned rawk and roll album.

Spudman
September 17th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Whelp, after finishing listening to the Rockline thing, I ended up pre-ordering the CD/DVD. Seems like a good ol' fashioned rawk and roll album.
Ya, I've got to be in on this too. It sounds great!

marnold
September 21st, 2010, 03:52 PM
I got my download link from Joe's site. Unfortunately, it does precisely nothing.

Duffy
September 21st, 2010, 05:46 PM
Got it, like it.

Got the CD/DVD at the music store. They had a bunch of them.

Going to check out the DVD now.

Spudman
September 22nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
A studio video making "The Great Divide"
ocgO6iSiU3g

marnold
September 22nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Finally was able to download it today. I've listened to it all except the last track. I really like "Song of Yesterday."