PDA

View Full Version : Never set up your guitar with a tension headache

omegadot
September 18th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Alright fretters, here's my cautionary tale.

I have had a terrible tension headache all day. Stomach is upset, eyes hurt, head hurts, neck kills, the whole deal. I am traveling soon, though, and have really been progressing lately. I went to the local guitar shop and picked up a Squire Strat mini. I played it and it sounded fine, but it's purely a beater/cheap traveler so I wasn't overly concerned. When I brought it home to enjoy, I realized the intonation was painfully off. I changed out the strings to .11 Pure Blues, adjusted everything and turned/intonated her up. This is where it get's funny. I walk over to my amp, plug in and start going to town. For some reason it sound way off. Hook it up to my trusty tuner since my ears aren't real great yet and it's in tune. I then look down at it. I reversed the 3rd and 4th string. It looks as strange as it sounds now that I notice it. Thank god I have more strings and was able to get it right quickly enough.

Feel free to laugh. :thwap

kiteman
September 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM
If I laugh at you I would have to laugh at myself, I did that too. :thwap

Spudman
September 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Look on the bright side - new toanz! I mean, nobody plays that way. You are a pioneer.

oldguy
September 19th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I've done that, and even more "silly" things in years gone by....... Hahahahaha!!!.......:rollover

(It's good to laugh at ourselves, we all make mistakes.)

tunghaichuan
September 19th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Feel free to laugh. :thwap

I have a framed print that says:

"Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never ceased to be amused."

We've all been there.