PDA

View Full Version : A movie worth everyone here seeing!

Perfect Stranger
September 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It's out of sync but still watchable....

7tsNO4PEhNw

cNtZ_x5OHpc

QeiRoMYe27I

yPzrONv_U_M

OZvoj1uovDE

zXbtVf7kd3U

McAzC8u-KE4

nEGfAeJlxTQ
:applause

Perfect Stranger
September 19th, 2010, 03:11 PM
added 30 minutes to watch

Perfect Stranger
September 19th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Whole documentary available now. A little out of sync but still watchable.

Perfect Stranger
September 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Here is the Hulu link....

http://www.hulu.com/watch/62945/before-the-music-dies

Retro Hound
September 20th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that! It looks like just the kind of thing I love. Too bad it's not on Netflix.

deeaa
September 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Gotta say, right off the bat the bit with Ray and the guy in yellow suit...MAN that was some friggin' MUSIC with capital letters. Just awesome.

duhvoodooman
September 20th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Gotta say, right off the bat the bit with Ray and the guy in yellow suit...MAN that was some friggin' MUSIC with capital letters. Just awesome.
The "guy in the yellow suit" was Billy Preston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Preston). Though that early video clip featured him as singer/dancer, he was much better known as a top keyboard man, and played with pretty much all the big names at one time or another, including a LOT of work with the Beatles. He toured as part of Eric Clapton's band not long before his untimely death from kidney disease in 2006. AAMOF, I saw him with Clapton here in Albany. EC had two keyboard players--Preston and David Sancious, of early Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band fame. Not too shabby of a duo tickling the ivories!! :dude

Probably his best known tune as a solo artist (got himself a world-class 'fro here, too!):

G_DV54ddNHE

Retro Hound
September 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I wish I could dance like Billy Preston. Man!

sunvalleylaw
September 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
It is available on iTunes for 3.99 too if you want to buy it. I downloaded it sometime ago from iTunes I think, and it was free at the time for some reason.

Retro Hound
September 21st, 2010, 07:21 AM
A similar movie that just came in my Netflix last night is "I Need That Record" about the downfall of the independent record stores and changes in the music biz. It's available on Netflix instant viewing also.

OePVFP7NJrQ

duhvoodooman
September 21st, 2010, 07:27 AM
A similar movie that just came in my Netflix last night is "I Need That Record" about the downfall of the independent record stores and changes in the music biz. It's available on Netflix instant viewing also.

OePVFP7NJrQ

OK, why is the youtube not showing?
Leave out the "=".....

Retro Hound
September 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
Got it, thanks!