PDA

View Full Version : Brian Moore guitars -- what's their deal?

Eric
September 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
What does anybody know about Brian Moore guitars? Where do they fit into the picture with all of the other brands out there?

Seems like they do piezo, synth, and a USB connector as their tricks, but how about sound/quality, etc.? Any opinions?

Eric
September 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
So here's the deal: I decided to try to sell the tele I bought recently, and one guy on CL asked if I wanted to trade for his Brian Moore i2. It looks like they go for ~$1000 online and are made in Korea, but it's not something I was looking for specifically.

I dunno...I already more or less committed to another guy to sell the guitar to him for $425 just to offload it, but I'm wondering whether the trade offer is any good.

Katastrophe
September 21st, 2010, 11:12 AM
Are you really gonna use all the bells and whistles on the guitar? If so, it may be a good trade.

I haven't played a Brian Moore guitar, but they seem to enjoy a good reputation.

If you don't plan on using the whizbang addons to the guitar, I'd pass. It seems these days like you're leaning more toward the set neck double humbucker guitars, so I would go with your original deal and put that money toward something that fits that description.

Eric
September 21st, 2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah, though the i2 doesn't have that stuff anyway; it's more the type of guitar you described.

I read some mixed reviews of their stuff after I posted this, so I think it's the safer option to just get cash for the tele and figure out what to do next.

hubberjub
September 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM
They started out really strong with a lot of hype about them. They jumped the gun too soon and started producing lack luster imported versions of their guitars and lost a lot of credibility. Their American made guitars are top notch if you can find them.

Eric
September 22nd, 2010, 04:33 AM
Thanks. That pretty much matches what I've found from my online research.