PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 - Metro 2033

deeaa
September 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Just played it thru...well recommend it for anyone who loves dystopian milieus and adventure/action games. Already available at cheap prices, 50-60% off original price.

The game lends heavily and is reminiscent of Half-Life 2, but even more so Stalker and especially Penumbra series games, maybe even Condemned - all my favorite games. Mixes dystopian fighting with horror themes, lots of dark sneaking and impressive environments and graphics into a very enjoyable experience. Not all fighting, you have to ration your ammunition and in many a place you can sneak instead of fighting - and sometimes you must. Scripted and not much free selection of paths - some though - but all in all a very good game. Hm, also Dead Space has some similarities, but Metro is much more adventure and less constant bloodletting. Lots of cutscenes, nice story, minimal rpg elements, well basically just with arming up.

Too me maybe 12 hours to play thru, very nice. Not much for replaying, so I recommend keep it at normal or hard and enjoy, don't rush it thru. I would have wanted to have a choice at the very end...but no spoilers now! Just play it if you like any of the games mentioned, scifi and post-apocalyptic stuff!

Robert
September 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Sounds like an interesting game, I wish I had time for video games... too busy right now, but llater I guess!