PDA

View Full Version : Recommended listening for AIC/Mastodon/Deftones?

Eric
September 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to see Alice in Chains this coming Saturday (to which I managed to score $10 tickets :dance ), and it looks like they're playing with Mastodon and the Deftones. While I know lots of AIC, I know very very little of the music from either of those other bands. Mastodon was all the rage about 3-4 years ago IIRC -- I think around the time of their album Blood Mountain -- but that's about all I know.

So...knowing what you know about my situation, what albums/songs should I bulk up on before the show? I find shows to be infinitely more interesting if you know the catalogue. Bear in mind that I only have about 2 days to work with at this point.

Input appreciated!

bcdon
September 23rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Great score!! I've really never listened to the Deftones but check out Mastodon's 'Crack the Skye' it is awesome!

s6WGNd8QR-U

Eric
September 23rd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Cool. I'm on it. Seems like pretty much all of their material has been well-received, and everything from their second album on is somebody's favorite, if you know what I mean.

Eric
September 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
BTW, as I wrote this, I was thinking that bcdon was the most likely candidate to respond to it, followed by possibly Tig. What can I say? I guess my prediction was at least half-right...