PDA

View Full Version : Blues Lead Guitar Ideas

Robert
September 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
The Blues Scale... a great building block, but as with any scale, it's all about creating good phrases. Perhaps this lesson can be useful in this regard?

UjLid_uy554

Eric
September 23rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
That'd be a cool lesson if I played the blues...

But maybe if I speed it up I can use it in that blasted rock music I play anyway. I thought the advice about using phrasing to avoid ruts was pretty useful. Nice video.

Retro Hound
September 24th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Well Robert, I certainly like it!

Robert
September 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Thank you!

sumitomo
September 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I like these little lessons Robert,there just long enough to get the juice flowing and not boring by going on and on.Good job amigo!Sumi:D

Tig
September 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Excellent! It really digs into that area that so many get stuck at.
Well done, Robert.

Oh, and the Hagstrom sounds great!

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Liking it! Were you using a pedal with the Vik? I like the little edge you put on its tone.

Ch0jin
October 17th, 2010, 11:18 PM
That'd be a cool lesson if I played the blues...

But maybe if I speed it up I can use it in that blasted rock music I play anyway. ........

Isn't rock just blues sped up and turned up? :)

Oh and nice lesson as usual Robert :) The black on black was a risk visually, but you have your studio well lit for video so it totally works.

Robert
October 18th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Thanks, great to hear!

syo
October 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Very nice Robert. I really got into this one. I think it was a combination of the content and the fact you were able to get Patrick Stewart to double for you. Impressive... :applause ;)

Robert
October 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks! Yeah, Patrick and I go way back... ;)

In return, I get to play Professor Charles Xavier in the next X-men movie. :pancake