PDA

View Full Version : Light Emitting Pedal Border

vroomery
September 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I found this when looking through some forums and really want to give it a shot. The idea would be to have one color to signify the pedal being in bypass and another color to signify the pedal being engaged. There is talk in this thread about some other ideas like color organs that would just be flat out awesome. DVM, you could pretty easily implement this into your pedal building.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=66840.0

DeanEVO_Dude
September 26th, 2010, 02:50 AM
That seems like it would look prety cool in the dark. Maybe even give it 1/8th or 3/16ths of an inch larger all the way around so that you could see it while looking straight down at the pedal...

vroomery
October 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it would help you find the pedal instead of just trowing your foot at it haha.

Ch0jin
October 30th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't adding and LED for "bypass" mode mean you actually end up losing true bypass? Your typical 3PDT stomp switch doesn't have any free poles to switch in a typical circuit.

Also, be wary of those colour changing LED's. I tried a couple in place of regular LED's in a tremolo pedal I made and they are NOISY.

Update: I now realise places like Banzai etc are selling 4PDT stomp switches, so yeah, you could just use one of those. The size might be a problem in a BYOC build as I assume the 4PDT is larger, but meh, I should stop trying to think technical when I'm hungover....