PDA

View Full Version : A new kind of wah pedal

Spudman
September 27th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Check out the Plutonium Chi Wah Wah. It sounds great and takes up very little space.

VpzcvNqfSEc

Jx2
September 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I like, any idea on what one of those list for?

Robert
September 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Very cool. Would seem weird to use a wah that way, but who knows, one might get used to it. Or not. Regardless, it seems to sound good. It thought it sounded better clean though.

otaypanky
September 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
$189, or $300 for a bronze one

sunvalleylaw
September 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Looks cool, but I don't think I could spend that much when you can get a crybaby for so much less, or just use one in a Line6M series.

Fretz
September 28th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I think the pedal itself looks pretty cool, but it's definitely not gonna feel as good as getting your whole foot onto a classic crybaby and rockin back and forth! :rockya

hubberjub
September 28th, 2010, 06:10 AM
That's a great idea. I've always hated how much space wah pedals take up. I'd like to see similarly sized expression pedals. I have a Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter that's huge on its own. To really get the most out of the pedal you need at least one (if not two) expression pedals. That takes up a huge amount of space (even on my PT Pro).

Bloozcat
September 30th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I like the name, Plutoneium Chi-Wah-Wah with the radiation symbol for the "o". Very clever....

I also like the compact size. The standard size Wah is always so disruptive to the symetry of a pedal board. Seems that wherever it ends up, it's always a compromise.

The tone? I don't know. Seems to have a much less organic tone and more limited sweep than my Crybaby with the Roger Mayer Red Lion in it. Same compared to a good Vox, a Teese or even the Budda Wah.

It's a novel idea that ought to sell, though.

Spudman
September 30th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Too bad this thing is near $200. They probably wont sell that many.