PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Duck's Strings

Heywood Jablomie
September 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I stumbled on this brand while looking for strings on eBay. I'm specifically reviewing the phosphor bronze acoustic strings (11s in my case). Generally a user of D'Addario strings, I still tend to try different brands every other string change. Any new set sounds bright and chimey, but the bright and chimey fades in a matter of a few days. Not so with these strings. They've been on my dread for a week, and still are as bright as the day I put them on. At $4.99 a set (including shipping), they're a good deal. Hmmmm....maybe I'll try their electric strings next.

Distributor's website: http://www.ducksdeluxe.com/strings.html

eBay site where I bought mine: http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Star-Music/Strings-/_i.html?_nkw=dr+duck&submit=Search&_fsub=15&_sid=64080561

Perfect Stranger
September 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I've tried dozens and dozens of brands of strings and I've never found
anything that was any better than my good ol' www.webstrings.com 9-46
hybrids. Added bonus: At $2.99 a set I can afford to change them twice as
often and nothing sounds better than new strings.

piebaldpython
September 30th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I have a set of Ducks Deluxe Electric 13's on my Fouke Lap Steel tuned to Open E. Great strings.

Zip
November 29th, 2010, 09:54 PM
So I bought a set of Dr. Duck's 9's from the same eBay seller. Sat around for a month or two until I decided to restring a Les Paul that had 10's. As I'm tuning up (to 440) the high E breaks - at the ball end. Luckily, the set comes with an extra E so I wind it on, tune up - and this one breaks at the tuner....

I email the seller and explain what happened, asked for Dr. Duck's contact info so I can tell them what happened. Then I just Googled them, got a number and called. At midnight. Guy answers on the 2nd ring. I explain what happened (hoping for an extra E string at least), he gets my info and says he'll make it right.

Three days later in the mail is 2 new sets of strings from Ducks Deluxe (each with 2 high E's), and another package from BlueStarMusic (the eBay seller) with a set of strings inside. No notes, no apologies - just great f'ing customer service.

So at this point, I'll use the strings even if they suck. It's really nice to get good service from anyone these days. :)

FrankenFretter
November 29th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Like PS, I've been using Webstrings for a while now. I'm really happy with them. I may try the Dr. Ducks, though. Sounds like they're worth trying.