PDA

View Full Version : Hendrix "All Stars"

Radioboy950
September 29th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The "Hendrix Experience (http://www.experiencehendrixtour.com/tour.php)", celebratinng all things Jimi, is launching another tour with a bunch of great guitarists. I saw the show a couple years ago, and it did not disappoint. Hope it's coming to a venue near you!

poodlesrule
October 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
O.K. Radioboy, now you have to tell us more about it!

I think it is indeed coming to a venue near me (spouse saw the advert in the paper)

MAXIFUNK
October 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
I missed it in LA earlier in the year but just look at the list of players a must see if ones get the chance.

marnold
October 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'd love to see that but they're not coming within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here.

R_of_G
October 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I'd love to see that but they're not coming within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here.

At least it's coming to your state. I'm pretty sure most concert promoters don't realize Florida exists.

I'd love to see Los Lobos and Living Colour on the same night.

marnold
October 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM
At least it's coming to your state. I'm pretty sure most concert promoters don't realize Florida exists.
Actually, they aren't--at least not on the fall tour. I live in Wisconsin.

R_of_G
October 4th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Actually, they aren't--at least not on the fall tour. I live in Wisconsin.

My bad. That's where assumption gets you. I always thought you lived in Michigan because of the Wolverines/Lions/Red Wings fandom, but that shows what I know and how much I pay attention because you've likely said previously you lived in Wisconsin. :thwap

marnold
October 4th, 2010, 10:07 AM
My bad. That's where assumption gets you. I always thought you lived in Michigan because of the Wolverines/Lions/Red Wings fandom, but that shows what I know and how much I pay attention because you've likely said previously you lived in Wisconsin. :thwap
Yeah, I have, but I grew up in Michigan--thus the Michigan sports connection.

poodlesrule
October 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
(spouse saw the advert in the paper)

... and went ahead and bought tickets at the box office on her lunch break!

Maybe she is trying to make up for when she and a boy her age were heading for Woodstock, got stoned out of their mind, and never made it!

Radioboy950
October 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
... and went ahead and bought tickets at the box office on her lunch break!

Maybe she is trying to make up for when she and a boy her age were heading for Woodstock, got stoned out of their mind, and never made it!

You're gonna dig it.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd (WITH NOAH HUNT ON VOCALS) tore it up!
Other standouts (from the '08 show I saw):
Eric Gales, Brad Whitford, Jonny Lang and Buddy Guy.
It was cool to see Eric Johnson, although I don't care much for his style and tone.