PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 DT50 Amp

Robert
October 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM
The new Line 6 flagship amplifier, the DT50. The DT50 is a collaboration with Reinhold Bogner that features two channels that can be switched between four amp voicings, Class A or Class A/B, and Pentode or Triode. The amp integrates Bogner's EL34 tube power section with Line 6's new HD amp modeling and Line 6 LINK technology.

NQMBoG2k_r8

bcdon
October 1st, 2010, 03:37 PM
The multiple voicings idea seems like how the Mesa Boggie Mark IV/V work; although I'm sure the sound and pricing is way different.

Robert
October 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
It looks very interesting this amp. I bet it will sound fantastic. I hope I get a chance to try one some day. The amount of flexibility seems astounding.

Seems like it might kill their own Line 6 Spider Valve amps though?

Katastrophe
October 2nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
It looks very interesting this amp. I bet it will sound fantastic. I hope I get a chance to try one some day. The amount of flexibility seems astounding.

Seems like it might kill their own Line 6 Spider Valve amps though?

I don't think so, since with this amph it appears you can only get the four voicings by flipping switches. The footswitch is a simple one button affair, making it essentially a two channel amph for live use, unless one attaches one of the POD units. This would make it similar to your spidervalve, but at a much higher cost.

I think they're going after the booteek corksniffer market with this one. I still want to try one, too!