PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's "gig"

kidsmoke
October 1st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Tomorrows set list. Sadly, not knowing this girl takes some of the thrill off of this photo, but we're performing this set at an Art Festival. Same crew I did the Taste of Chicago with.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/tiokimo/set.jpg

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2010, 10:44 AM
So, how'd it go?

Eric
October 4th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah, how'd things go? I think I recognize about half of those songs, but it looks like a good list.

kidsmoke
October 4th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Rainout, 50 degrees and 25 MPH winds. They couldn't keep the canopy on the stage.

Worked hard on that too. I was to lead sing 3 tunes ,and do the guitar lead work on Rambin' Man (Allman version) which is a HUGE stretch for me. We're talking about finding a venue to do a makeup gig at.

Thanks for asking. Next time I'll throw this in the "Weekend Thread"

Brian Krashpad
October 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
D'oh. Sorry to hear that.

You can always mention in the weekend thread and put a link to a separate thread. A lot of times I'll do a free-standing thread in the "Fretter Gigs & Jam Sessions" sub-forum of the General Guitar Talk forum, with just a link to that in the weekend thread.

kidsmoke
October 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, how'd things go? I think I recognize about half of those songs, but it looks like a good list.

No doubt you do, Eric, they're all heavily rotated 70's tunes.

take it easy - eagles
drift away - dobie gray
brandy - looking glass
Doo = Heartbreaker/Rolling Stones aka Doox5
Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight (1971 Stax Smash)
Rikki don't lose that number - Steely Dan
Me and Mrs. Jones - Philly Soul singer Billy Paul
bang a gong - T Rex
ramblin' man - allman bros
Night Moves - Seger
Get Down Tonight - KC and the Snshine Band

It's a 70's Ensemble, doncha know.

piebaldpython
October 4th, 2010, 03:17 PM
WOW......your set list is all over the countryside. I must say....that out of all the clubs/bars I went to for music in the 70's, I can definitely say that NO band had that much variety in a set list. :thwap