PDA

View Full Version : Pc to Mac - finally.

ibanezjunkie
October 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
dropped a thousand notes on a gnarly upgrade from my compaq, behold...
http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/LeadGuitar2009/P031010_2352.jpg
http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/LeadGuitar2009/P031010_2352_01.jpg

:D

Tig
October 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I'd love to get one if they weren't so dang pricey.
I could see having an iPad, for those not so fresh computing days. :p

omegadot
October 4th, 2010, 04:04 PM
We use Macs at work for some stuff. That's more than enough Mac'in for me. I just never jived with the interface designed decisions. Most notably a mechanical CD eject button. I am aware of the odd amount of ways you can eject a disk in Mac, but when your hardware is stored a significant distance from your operating area and your disc decides it didn't want to listen, it's maddening.

If you like the dock and the file browser it's a great interface, though. Definitely more solidly designed than your Compaq ever dreamed of.

otaypanky
October 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I got a 21" iMac almost 3 years ago and it's been wonderful. When I replaced my laptop this last year I went with a 13" Macbook pro. Awesome ~

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Nice looking lap top. I am getting close to finally upgrading my old Mac lap top one of these days. Congrats!

markb
October 5th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Nice. What kept ya?

deeaa
October 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I'm with you Omega I have had to use macs at work at times but I just hate the way the OS is designed to be so restrictive and 'easy'. I just want to do things my own way and - indeed press eject - and not the often only possible way allowed by the system.

Plus I want to install and muck up my systems myself, putting different files to different HD's, govern swapfile locations/sizes, buffer sizes, select my boot programs and TRS's etc. and the mac system just is so...closed up and tweak-proof I can't even begin.

Even on PC I refuse to use the given programs for a given task, I want to install a separate program for everything, and my own choice, not what's already there or suggested, instead I remove lots and lots of system parts and replace with my own choices.

ibanezjunkie
October 5th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Nice. What kept ya?

up till now it was £1,000 i didn't have lol

if i wasn't usually so skint id have gotten it years ago lol

Robert
October 5th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Great choice!

Gotta love these things. Fantastic laptops.

ibanezjunkie
October 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
bah, i just had a though, maybe shoulda upgraded my guitar collection first :P

Eric
October 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Congrats, IJ. Not my cup of tea, but it sounds like it might be a good call for you.