PDA

View Full Version : Do you have restless legs?

Robert
October 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Then you might want to do this.

2bBMKtRm898

Tig
October 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Looks like Too Much Time Syndrome!

Did very many people really have RLS before the pharmaceutical companies developed a drug and advertised it?
I bet people who run, walk, swim, hike, or cycle regularly don't suffer from it. Maybe we have become too sedentary and this is one of the many negative side effects. Just sayin'...

FrankenFretter
October 4th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The medication for RLS sounds too fun. I think you're right, Doug; they saw the commercials and suddenly had the disease.

otaypanky
October 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
my wife gets RLS bad ~

FrankenFretter
October 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
my wife gets RLS bad ~

Sorry, Bob. No disrespect intended.

R_of_G
October 5th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I have mixed feelings about the whole RLS thing.

On the one hand, it sure sounds like something the pharma companies created to generate sales for more products.

On the other hand, I have suffered from severe chronic migraine since I was a small child and thus I know what it's like to have a condition that many people don't understand or don't believe is real or just think is a bad headache.

So, perhaps it is real. Dunno.

Tig
October 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I have no doubt it is real for some people, and I honestly feel for them. I know several people that suffer from various rare conditions that are hard to correctly diagnose, and harder for others to understand.

I also don't like pharmaceutical companies' advertising tactics (fear or insecurity) and their push for self diagnosis. "Ask your doctor about ______", followed by a huge list of sometimes deadly side effects, many of which are worse than the original condition they are "treating"! One medicine that treats asthma can also "lead to asthma related death", for instance.

Fibromyalgia is now one of the most over/mis-diagnosed conditions out there, but is way back from ADD/ADHD and male erectile disfunction (Mother's new blue pill replaced her little yellow pill).

otaypanky
October 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM
No problem Sean ~
It's a weird thing. We can't figure out what causes it. It seems to come on at night when she lies down. often it either makes it nearly impossible to fall asleep or it wakes her up from sleep ~
There are lots of ideas out there for things that may help, knock off caffeine, that kind of thing, I forget the rest of them