PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get "in the zone"?

Perfect Stranger
October 5th, 2010, 05:09 AM
No, I don't mean playing the guitar.

I mean driving your car! Where you put on some great music...like Particle's "Triple Threat", turn it
up just on the verge of being too loud....and your car seems to have a life of it's own. Weaving effortlessly
from lane to lane.....between the cars....never even having to slow down. Every stop light is green and you
never even come close to getting caught at one? It usually happens at night...in the dark...but on occasions
it can happen in the light of day.

Well, it happened this morning on the way into work this morning at 6am....in the dark....with a chill in
the air. Felt good!

:happy

Katastrophe
October 5th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Nah... Never happens like that for me.

Usually it's like this:

Wake up the 3 year old.

Get her dressed, shove some food down my throat, and out the door.

Hit every redlight. The radio is nothing but a big, trip long, infomercial (CD player doesn't work in the car).

Make it it with moments to spare, stressed out, but ready to go.

Glad you had a good trip in!

Spudman
October 5th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I get that way often on my bicycle, motorcycle, climbing and guitar playing but never in my car. We just don't have traffic so driving is a way different experience for me.

Probably the closest thing is wearing headphones on a mountain bike ride. Making all the climbs, dodging all the boulders and bunny hopping all the roots. Before I know it the ride is over and I wonder where the time went.

Tig
October 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Probably the closest thing is wearing headphones on a mountain bike ride. Making all the climbs, dodging all the boulders and bunny hopping all the roots. Before I know it the ride is over and I wonder where the time went.

You have crystallized my thoughts and experiences!
I love the right tune on the right trail... :rockya

R_of_G
October 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Like Spud and Tig, I experience the same on bike rides. The right music makes the time fly by and I often don't realize how long I've been going until an album I'm listening to comes to an end.

kiteman
October 12th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Long ago I was stopped at the railroad crossing waiting for the train to go by. I was playing my Grand Funk Railroad (8 track) tape and T.N.U.C was playing. When the drum solo was playing I was in a trance watching the train go by. I guess you'd have to hear the drum solo to see what I'm talking about.