PDA

View Full Version : Here is a fun time-waster..!

poodlesrule
October 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Home Inspection nightmares (http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,1220600,00.html)

Eric
October 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Wow. I find it disconcerting that the comments mentioned that a lot of those were in new houses. I think my favorite was the one with the vents.

poodlesrule
October 6th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Wow. I find it disconcerting that the comments mentioned that a lot of those were in new houses. I think my favorite was the one with the vents.

Don't limit your exploration to the first page, there are a dozen or so *sets*!

It is amazing that more people don't get killed in, or by, their home more often.

Edit to add; Many knowledgeable folks are saying that stuff built during the construction boom was rushed, or use of materials skimpy. Consequence is there is now a huge quantity of near-new homes that are starting to show some major problems, which will be expensive to fix.

Eric
October 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Many knowledgeable folks are saying that stuff built during the construction boom was rushed, or use of materials skimpy. Consequence is there is now a huge quantity of near-new homes that are starting to show some major problems, which will be expensive to fix.
That's actually not too surprising. I find that entire period was marked by a major lack of accountability in pretty much everything, but particularly in all things housing (e.g. loan approvals, reasonable loan amounts, housing construction quality, etc.).

I wonder if it's getting any better these days...?