PDA

View Full Version : New fret.net jam over Robert's slow blues backer

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Bringing this over from the "who do you want to jam with thread" The answer is I want to jam with you folks. The folks I want to jam with are right here. Mr. Swede, Robert, Spud, DVM, Old Guy, Justa, Warren, Aeolian, I would love to hear R_of_G, lots of the "newer" guys (basically I mean everyone since 2007).

We need to start up a new jam collaboration this fall. Fall is an excellent time for such things. I am thinking a bluesey backer of some kind. Preferably one that allows for going toward jazz, or rock, or just bluesing out, and can basically be extended for a long time so whoever wants to add on, can. Who wants to pick one? Suggestions? Edit: picked one below. I will put up my hack recording (later this weekend hopefully), so I would love it if all out there would feel comfortable contributing. :rar :rockon: :R :greenguitar: :beavisnbutthead: :beer: :R :DR

Ok, let's use the track Robert gave us (a slow blues in A) :

==> http://www.box.net/shared/50zk1m1zth

This one is nice and slow, has nice tones to play over, and a guy can either shred over this, or keep it simple and soulful. I probably cannot record anything until this weekend but will contribute then I hope. In the meantime, if anyone wants to hop in . . .

Tips if you have not done this before, it is not hard: download the track from box.net, import it into garageband or audacity or whatever, mic up your amph or plug your guitar into your interface, and record away. Adjust your levels in Audacity or Garageband so your contribution fits in the mix, save it as a MP3, then upload it back to box.net so others can add on. Easy! And don't worry if it is not your magnum opus or whatever, it's just jamming around. :thumbsup

Robert
October 7th, 2010, 04:11 PM
You bet - here is the Box link -

Slow Blues in A -> http://www.box.net/shared/50zk1m1zth

You can remove the dropbox link from your post just so it doesn't confuse people.

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
You bet - here is the Box link -

Slow Blues in A -> http://www.box.net/shared/50zk1m1zth

You can remove the dropbox link from your post just so it doesn't confuse people.

Done! Thanks Robert! I really like this track you recorded.

Robert
October 7th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks. This track is actually on my new upcoming blues lick product I am developing. It is the backing track for all the licks in this product, and how I play the rhythm guitar is part of the lesson as well. Just thought I'd throw that in there! :)

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Cool!

oldguy
October 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Steve, I'd love to, but.......
I've been through 2 computers since I've last recorded on Audacity (lightning strikes), and don't have it installed on the 'puter yet. Plus work's been crazy (12-14 hrs./day-6-7 days/wk.) so I've just not had time. But as soon as it slows down I'd love to get in on some collab. tunes again.
I love that BT, btw, and I'd highly encourage all newer members to jump right in and get their feet wet.
I've always loved the atmosphere and lack of judgemental comments here in our community, it's what makes it special!:applause

marnold
October 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I'd like to as well, but I've got to figure out a way to mic my Jet City decently. Failing that, I might just try recording something through my EX-7.

sunvalleylaw
October 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM
OG, whenever you can, I know you will. And that it will be very enjoyable! Marnold, I would love to hear it no matter if it is simply a mic experiment or a take through the EX-7. Either way. I aim to get my take going this weekend. We should make that Mark Wein character do one too. and Robert, and Tone, and Eric and Hubberjub, and Helliot, and T-Ross and Shiner, and baldgit, and Kat and Ibanezjunkie and. . . (everyone) :happy I aim to get something up this weekend or so. For me, my initial instincts work best anyway.

Eric
October 8th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Hmm. Probably won't have much time until maybe tomorrow night, but I'll check it out. Cool!

mark wein
October 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
OG, whenever you can, I know you will. And that it will be very enjoyable! Marnold, I would love to hear it no matter if it is simply a mic experiment or a take through the EX-7. Either way. I aim to get my take going this weekend. We should make that Mark Wein character do one too. and Robert, and Tone, and Eric and Hubberjub, and Helliot, and T-Ross and Shiner, and baldgit, and Kat and Ibanezjunkie and. . . (everyone) :happy I aim to get something up this weekend or so. For me, my initial instincts work best anyway.

I'll try and give this a spin this afternoon!

sunvalleylaw
October 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Excellent!

Spudman
October 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I took the first minute. Who's next?
http://www.box.net/shared/mfzc825m3d

sunvalleylaw
October 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks for starting it off Spudlley! Rocking as always!

Katastrophe
October 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Awesome, Spud! Sounded great.

I wanna be in on this one. I found free amp sim software. I've just gotta find where I put my adapter plug, and a guitar cable and see if I can get 'er done!

I've played along with the track unamphed, and realized that my blues chops are fairly lacking these days.

SuperSwede
October 9th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hello Boys, Spud left about two minutes so I recorded something after his part (after 2:06)
http://www.box.net/shared/t2py52z7hj

oldguy
October 9th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Very nice job, both of you!:applause

Spudman
October 9th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hello Boys, Spud left about two minutes so I recorded something after his part (after 2:06)
http://www.box.net/shared/t2py52z7hj

I didn't realize that I had done 2 minutes. I was looking at the counter in my DAW and apparently it wasn't in real time. Sorry for being a hog.

Nice restraint and vibrato Swede. Your tone is great too.

sunvalleylaw
October 9th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Awesome guys! I am right now taking what you did and appending 4 more rounds of the backer (about 4 min. each) so there will be 16 more minutes to fill. We can always add more. I will load it up and link it in a few minutes. You will have to do your own count in on the transition to start it off as I cut Robert's drum stick count in off to loop it, but there will be plenty to play over. Keep it up Fretters! Jam on! :applause :dance :rar :rockon: :R :DR :greenguitar:

Ok, here it is with Spud and Swede and 16 min more to go:

http://www.box.net/shared/ypgzyqrhar

I was working on my ideas last night. I hope to record a "draft" today some time, and maybe a final tomorrow. :thumbsup

Also, nothing says you cannot record a full version over the original backer and upload that for fretters to hear in addition to the jam track we are adding too. It has happened before, and it is fun to hear what other fretters do with a full song's amount of time.

helliott
October 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Very cool. I've got the one with Spud and Swede and will add a bit to that this aft. Nice surprise on a Saturday!

sunvalleylaw
October 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Cool Helliot! Glad to hear it. I have heard rumors that at least a couple/few others are going to hop in too. Fun!

Also, it would be nice if anyone who posts a recording would share what gear was used and anything special you did for your sound. Swede, was that the flower strat?

Justaguyin_nc
October 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM
:applause SPUDS & SWEDE :applause

Nice to "hear" these on the fret!

Can't wait till you guys start doing this with the youtube overlays..

Love Geetar faces!!!:poke
:happy

helliott
October 9th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Well, here is my modest contribution, tacked on to the end of Swede's very tasty tones. Lots and lots of room for more Fretters to add their voices. Thanks to SVL for starting this off.

http://www.box.net/shared/01shnugyjl

helliott
October 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry, forgot the request re rig. Mine's a Tele through Peavy Jack Daniels into the Boss hard drive recorder. Nothing really added other than reverb.

sunvalleylaw
October 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
JUSTA!!! Nice to "see" you! Hop on in, just like the old days!

Helliot, Thanks for playing! Nice! I like the tele growl through that Peavey. :thumbsup

Katastrophe
October 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry, forgot the request re rig. Mine's a Tele through Peavy Jack Daniels into the Boss hard drive recorder. Nothing really added other than reverb.

NICE! Great job, helliott!

Awesome, SuperSwede!

SuperSwede
October 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Good job Helliot!!

And if anyone wonders, my rig was strat>Blackstar HTdrive>Garageband(added a lil verb).

sunvalleylaw
October 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, Swede, I was wondering. The Flower strat? I love that thing.

helliott
October 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Swede, that's amazing tone from a Strat. I can't get mine to sound that woody. Are you doing anything special rig-wise, or is that just the guitar (and you're prodigious talent, of course.)

SuperSwede
October 10th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Yup its my Flower strat..I dont use any other tricks than the HT drive (cab simulated output) and some reverb (guitar rig 4, spring reverb).
The pups in my strat are called "50´s reissue" and are afaik only available in the blue flower and paisley strats from japan.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xWjoeLNcmQo/SWbKpI6FIoI/AAAAAAAACUY/8v0DdwcLJo4/s400/Blue_Flower_Stratocaster_MIJ_basswood.jpg

sunvalleylaw
October 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I love the recordings so far. My idea I was working on is not panning out at the moment. I was trying to come up with something besides my normal pentatonic wank and was trying to follow in the footsteps of some legendary jazz horn players. Guess I am not quite there yet. Oh well, I am going to take one or two of the ideas and attempt to get something recorded here. After I help my daughter re-arrange her bedroom. Looking forward to hearing the next recording! Come on Justa, or Eric, or Kat, or Mark (any of them) or . . . Let's hear it! :thumbsup :dance

Katastrophe
October 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm gonna do this... Unfortunately, Anatomy and Physiology studies are calling, and I have a big lab practical exam on Tuesday. If I tried to play right now, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a pentatonic and stratified keratinized squamous epithelium.

Eric
October 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna do this... Unfortunately, Anatomy and Physiology studies are calling, and I have a big lab practical exam on Tuesday. If I tried to play right now, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a pentatonic and stratified keratinized squamous epithelium.
???

I don't think this has come up yet in any thread I've read. I take it you're in school?

Katastrophe
October 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yep... I'll post a separate thread so as not to distract from the backing track festivities.

Justaguyin_nc
October 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
:applause Helliott :applause

Nice addition and thanks for expanding the backing..
Look forward to more additions!!

:dude

Spudman
October 11th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Swede - SWEET! Slinky and sublime. :applause

Helliot - I was really feeling it. :applause

Ch0jin
October 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I was trying to come up with something besides my normal pentatonic wank

So glad to hear you you say that, because, well, pentatonic wankery is all I got, so I'll take that spot and try to help avoid this jam coming off as monozygotic ;)

But really. I was messing about with my PPOD interfaced to my new PC today and thought a good little practical test would be to add a little bit of noise to the jam track.

So here it goes. I kept it real short 'cause I was strugglin to get into the groove for some reason and well, as a guitar player I make a great stratified keratinized squamous epithelium :)

Guitar: Maton MS2000DLX Bridge PU (SD SH4)
Amp: 1952 Fender Tweed Deluxe Reverb (wide panel)
Cab: 1965 Fender Twin Reverb "Blackface" 2x12's
Little bit of spring reverb in the amp

Recording process
Step 1. Connect PPOD-Direct Out -> PC Line IN (you didn't think I actually owned those amps did you?)
Step 2. Use Audacity to play the backing track whilst simultaneously recording new lead track.
Step 3. Export the whole thing as a single mp3
Step 4. ?
Step 5. Profit!

(OK the last two are an inside joke)

Apart from the terrible playing and raucous noise (who knew you could make a little old deluxe reverb snarl like that hehe)

I would have liked to EQ it better. I'm used to hearing my guitar through a really old 4x12 bass cab so to me this sounds really quite shrill. I don't however, currently have nice way to apply eq settings to a track in audacity, and in real time, so I guess I'll do some research there...

Also I knocked 3db off my track in audacity but I'm worried it might be a fraction too loud in the mix still....

Anyway, I hope this serves as sufficient incentive for some other guys to have a bash. You know, "wow dude, that guy sucks so bad, I HAVE to have a go now" haha.

I'm the shock to the system at about 6:10 and I play for about a minute (trust me thats more than plenty)

http://www.box.net/shared/4gkbg2d1b4

Quick update: I dropped myself back into the mix and re-up'd :)

Spudman
October 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Nice to hear you play Chojin. Good job.

Ya, you're a bit hot in the mix. I would probably pull the lead level down a bit more so it sounds more like playing with the band. Otherwise :applause

helliott
October 11th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Good playin there Chojin. Agree with Spud about the mix. I'm not in any position to give someone advice about playing, that said, if I was, I'd say look for a bit more space between some of the notes. Air is as important as the notes.

sunvalleylaw
October 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Good on ya Cho! I thought you sounded great. I like your lines! I am glad to hear this coming together! It has been one of my favorite parts of the fret.net, hearing and playing with the fellow fretters. Again, way to go! :applause :thumbsup :beavisnbutthead:

Yah, pento wank is pretty much all I got too. Ergo trying to do something new this time. Didn't work so far, but I'll hop in anyway when I get some time here. Alas, my son's soccer, my other son's boy scouts and helping with the color guard in the parade, and helping my daughter re-decorate her room got in the way of my getting anything recorded this weekend. Hoped to tonight, but another soccer game, and the weekly boy scout meeting, plus my son doing late homework on the computer killed that.

Now I am off for a quick business road trip for a couple days. I will take a guitar and my iRig so I can wank in my hotel room. Then hopefully this weekend will work out for adding something on. Since I have the master backing track, I can always all on more minutes if we fill up what we have left in the meantime. We have a few others hanging in the wings yet I bet!

SuperSwede
October 12th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I like your part Chojin! A little too hot signal as mentioned before but I sure dig it :)

Ch0jin
October 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

I remixed it an uploaded it again after the initial comments about it being too hot so I hope it's ok now.

Helliot: Totally agree with ya. Ever since I saw a Q&A session with BB King I've been trying to focus on space and individual notes. Basically trying to wring the best sound out of each note you play, whether by adding vibrato, bends, or even just letting the note ring out. I guess I forgot about all that doing that recording though :) Sometimes my left hand just goes off by itself it seems (like at the end of my bit)

Oh and "I'm not in any position to give someone advice about playing" Yeah you are! I've heard you play now :) But really, I'll take any feedback :)

Anyway, enough on my 60 seconds. NEXT!~!!

Justaguyin_nc
October 12th, 2010, 08:13 PM
:applause Ch0jin :applause

I must have missed the "hot" take..
seems to fall in nicely.. enjoyed every minute!
:rockya

kidsmoke
October 12th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Sadly, I'm not geared up for this kind of contribution, but I may be before long.

Regardless, THIS is very very cool. Collaboration, encouragement...and ultimately, just making music with friends. Cheers, SVL, for gettin' this off the ground :thumbsup

:offtopic Cho, nice tone from your rig. What do you have paired with that JB in the neck?

Lachy
October 12th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Lovin' the bluesey feel coming thru so far guys, great work all of you.
Here's mine it's a bit slower, also I've left a bit of a gap between mine and Ch0jin to keep the 2 min timing consistent hope thats ok.
I actually did this 2 people ago but others had uploaded before me, lol, so I've just slid it up to the next available space.:thumbsup

http://www.box.net/shared/dorxepyftp

Gear: old copy strat-neck pup, medium pick, Vox vt50 on manual, going into a tascam 8 track desk into soundcard....

Is it my imagination or is the backing track getting louder from the original? even when I wasn't playing audacity still peaked red with just the BT.

helliott
October 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hey, Ch0jin, your remix is way more in tune with the BT than the first one. Really sits nicely. And my comments about overplaying are in the context of me being one of the worst offenders in the history of the instrument. Keep up the great work. And BB is a pretty damn fine bar to aim for, in terms of taste and notes.

helliott
October 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Nice playin, Lachy. Can't speak to your technical questions about the BT, but your feel for the track and kinda smoky playin fits right in. Liked the double note bends and double stops. Really expressive.
Now, we've heard form Cho and Lachy, and there must be more players out there waiting to jump in. Thanks to SVL, here's your chance!

Ch0jin
October 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM
:offtopic Cho, nice tone from your rig. What do you have paired with that JB in the neck?

Thanks man!

The JB lives with a '59. Technically they are SH-1 and SH-4. Fairly common setup as far as I know. The JB is in the bridge though, not the neck, the neck is all about those '59 tones. JB is wired for coil tap but I almost never use it.

......also I've left a bit of a gap between mine and Ch0jin to keep the 2 min timing consistent hope thats ok.

There's a 2 min timing thing? haha ooops.
I actually finished mine where I did (musically, not time wise) thinking someone could really slide right in on the next bar. But still totally cool :)

That's a really nice clean sound you have going on there by the way. I would have guessed at a fender style guitar right away with that tone. Nice controlled and precise feel to it too.

Is it my imagination or is the backing track getting louder from the original? even when I wasn't playing audacity still peaked red with just the BT.

Yeah wow, your right. I just compared the original BT only to the one I used (the spud, swede, helliot one) and yeah, the original is way lower level. Noo idea why though...

SuperSwede
October 13th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Good job Lachy!

This is imo the best thing with the fretnet, there are a lot of old threads with collabs in the archives.

oldguy
October 13th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Helliot, Chojin, Lachey..........all you guys sound great, and you all add your own thing to the backer. Very nice!:dance

Lachy
October 13th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Cheers guys

This is imo the best thing with the fretnet

I agree, I love hearing different peoples takes on the same piece, I put em on my mp3 and take the dog for a walk.:digit

Justaguyin_nc
October 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
:applause Lachy :applause

Enjoyed it...
Probably me..but..
I can't seem to find the download file link on yours though?
Box.net is just giving a file options button with no option..:(

Lachy
October 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Opps will fix asap.:spank

Ok should work now, sorry bout that.

sunvalleylaw
October 13th, 2010, 11:13 PM
This is so great we are getting so much participation! This was always my favorite part of the fret. I am back from out of town and am listening to the latest now. Not sure why the backer got louder. The original one I looped before everyone started recording has a consistent volume throughout. Is it bad enough for me to try to mess with? Or should we just keep going?

BTW, although everyone is giving me credit for getting this started, Robert should get credit. I just picked up his backer he made some months ago, and dusted it off and looped it. Thanks Robert for such a great track, and for a place like this where we can jam amongst friends, feeling comfortable enough to do so without worrying about being sneered at. It is really a wonderful privilege! Like I keep saying, I hope to get my contribution recorded this weekend!

helliott
October 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yep, it's a nice BT and thanks Robert. But SVL, you had the idea to start the collab, so you get a share we well. Thanks to both of you. This is a one of the best aspects of music sites. Hope we do more of it.

Lev
October 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I managed to get some rare guitar time tonight and couldn't resist jumping in on this one. My blues chops are somewhat lacking these days due to lack of practice but it was fun to play around with this. I'm using my US Deluxe strat into a PODxt connected via USB to my laptop and recorded using Reaper. The settings I downloaded from Line6's tone library (it's a Vince Gill setting - sess below). I decided to go as clean as possible on this one, I'm in from 10:19 to around 11:44.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/1894cb773de15c08.png

http://www.box.net/shared/xnr3y26uua

helliott
October 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Great stuff, Lev. You're right, it doesn't get any cleaner than that, which leaves nowhere to hide, but your playing and tone don't need it. Nicely done, fellow strat freak.

Lachy
October 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
That's a sweet sound and very nice impro Lev, especially liked the dual finger picking work!!:applause I feel like playin' some guitar now.:AOK

sunvalleylaw
October 14th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I love it Lev! Beautiful clean tone and wonderful playing!

Lev
October 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Nice to see one of these jams on the Fret again. There's lots of variation in tones and approaches on this piece, all of them great - nice to see.

...Still room for some more....

Spudman
October 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Nice to see one of these jams on the Fret again. There's lots of variation in tones and approaches on this piece, all of them great - nice to see.

...Still room for some more....

Is that the Strat with with CS69 pickups? It sure sounds good.

Lev
October 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
No Spud, for this I used my US Deluxe strat, its got the much underrated SCN pickups. Most reviewers of this guitar complain that the SCN's cant do vintage strat tones but I disagree. For this I used the neck and middle Pickups but the trick on this guitar is to roll off the tone just a touch to give a slightly warmer tone.

Spudman
October 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Well it sounds really good, and to my ears, vintage. That makes me think differently about the SCNs now.

SuperSwede
October 16th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Awesome Lev!

Justaguyin_nc
October 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
:applause LEV :applause outstanding... enjoying all the sounds..

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Ok, here is mine, and I added a couple more loops of the backer. I come in after Lev at 11:43.

http://www.box.net/shared/l331n6ap4u

Mine was an experiment. I was trying to break out of my normal pentatonic wank, and basically stole some lines and ideas from a famous jazz horn player (I am interested if anyone guesses the song and artist.), and tried for a Dorian oriented feel. I obviously have not been playing a lot of lead lines in blues lately. Lots of big shoes were ahead of me in line. But what the hey?! I may record another take tomorrow, . . . but in the meantime here it is, lumps and all! Who's next? :thumbsup

Oh yeah, gear . . . Hagstrom Viking into DVM's Rabid Rodent set to Red LED Overdrive setting, distortion set at 9:30, filter just north of neutral to add a little bite, a little bit of '63 spring verb out of the M9, into my Fender Concert mic'd with my SM57 into the Toneport UX2, Gearbox and Garageband, no effects applied in either.'

EDIT: I hear upon listening today that I was a bit tentative as I got into the licks. I may keep working on this idea and see if I can't smooth it out. but the experiments that are not completely successful teach you as much or more than those that come out just as you expect right away. Play on!

Katastrophe
October 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM
All of y'all sound great!

I gotta give you props for stepping outside your comfort zone, SVL. :bravo: :beer:

sunvalleylaw
October 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
All of y'all sound great!

I gotta give you props for stepping outside your comfort zone, SVL. :bravo: :beer:

Thanks Kat. I transposed the horn lines from a different key, and had to make them fit a different rhythm/tempo/feel from the original song, but it made me try something a bit different anyway. I am going to keep working on the idea and see if it develops. Ok, whose next? Kat, got anytime to rip something this weekend?

Katastrophe
October 16th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I might try to slip a solo in tomorrow (or is it later today?), on a study break. The part I need is super cheap (pennies, really). Then it's just a matter of figuring out the amph software, and reloading Audacity.

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2010, 02:19 AM
SVL, your officially a Viking now! :)

Now this must be the longest collab on the fretnet yet!

Justaguyin_nc
October 17th, 2010, 06:33 AM
:applause SVL :applause Enjoyed it.. got me saying heck join in...

http://www.box.net/shared/v6lgucc5v3

Epi 56 Goldtop Bridge pickup rolled back a bit thru JamVox AC30 setting with some delay. starting about 14:30 for a short period...

sunvalleylaw
October 17th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks Swede, yeah with 26 minutes of backer and 15:50 filled up after Justa, this has to be the longest one!

Nice Justa! I am glad you joined in! about 10 more minutes left on the backer. Who's next?

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
What a nice and mellow sound Justa!

Robert
October 17th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Great job, everyone! It's so great to hear you all play... I really enjoy this.

Thanks Steve for picking this all up again - I appreciate it.

Great stuff guys! :thumbsup

SuperSwede
October 18th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Great job, everyone! It's so great to hear you all play... I really enjoy this.

Thanks Steve for picking this all up again - I appreciate it.

Great stuff guys! :thumbsup

:poke

There is room left for you too :)

Jimi75
October 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
:applause
I was listening throughout the last couple of days, always looking forward to hearing the next take on this brilliant backer. Wow, great Blues playing going on here! SVL thanks for initiating this whole thing!

So today I had some minutes, recorded a solo and....the box.net upload is limited to 25MB....darn it.

Hope you guys don't kill me, but I cut off all the first takes so far (:spank ) and created Part2 with lots of backing track after my solo for all the guys that still follow.

Hope you enjoy this take.
I have recorded with Line6 Gearbox and my 1976 Fender Strat.

http://www.box.net/shared/81zc77uqfc

Justaguyin_nc
October 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
:applause Jimi75 :applause Enjoyed it!

with no disrespect Jimi.. I didn't want part one to end on my last "sour note" and this started with a good player and I wanted to make sure there was one on the end also..to hide my bad...:) so here is part one continued with Jimi attached at 15:47...I thought it blended well actually..but i got ears like my playing..lol

http://www.box.net/shared/zh2ms10kon

I rechecked the bit size on previous saves..Yours was in 256bit Jimi75, probably why it was so large for box.net. I think at 128bit all works fine size wise and not much difference in quality. hope this helped..
if not.. :spank me. :running

helliott
October 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Great stuff, Justa and Jimi. It's great to hear all the different approaches. Who says blues has to be repetitive?

Jipes
October 19th, 2010, 02:45 AM
I will give it a try I'm not so sure how to record it because my POD went down but I will give it a try :running

SuperSwede
October 19th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Whoho nice guitar playing Jimi :)

Jimi75
October 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys :happy

I am really impressed with the diversity you can hear throughout the recordings. Some licks really sound totally 50's and most takes nail the sweet tones and spots.

sunvalleylaw
October 19th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Sweet Jimi! I always love hearing you play!

P.S., check your PMs. I sent you one the other day. :beer:

bigG
October 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Outstanding, everyone! Very cool! Let's have some more of this kind of thing! :applause

oldguy
October 19th, 2010, 05:52 PM
(again)
Dang, you guys all sound great! The diversity and styles are very nice, and it still sounds like blues. :applause