PDA

View Full Version : Another Guitar From John?

Fretz
October 8th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Hey Fretters

Just saw this video on youtube. Looks like a pretty sweet axe...

What do you think?

TSoZGj24ZxM

Tig
October 8th, 2010, 01:09 PM
At $1700 street, it is still more than I could get away with, but the black tuxedo look is stunning.

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=572

Duffy
November 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I, personally, don't care for the black with white pickguard tuxedo look, unless the pickguard is white pearl or aged white pearl. I much prefer the black body with black pearl pickguard or tortoise shell. I usually switch out my pickguards if they are white, except on white guitars. My new Black Top strat is black and came with a black pickguard. The black and chrome is awesome looking and a very classic paint/hardware combination that has a really simple but stunning vibe to it. I had a black and chrome motorcycle once - very beautiful bike with a serious bike vibe. Looked like a real, dangerous, motorcycle; not a toy or show bike meant to ride a trailer.

This is a nice guitar no doubt, regardless of my pickguard preferences. That's why we mod our guitars anyway.

hubberjub
November 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm sick of signature guitars. It's all just marketing. It's just like the commercials in between Saturday morning cartoons using gimmicks to get the interest of kids. We're just convincing our parents to let us get the cool new toy. The only difference is that in this analogy our spouses have replaced our parents and our toys have become a lot more expensive.

Fretz
November 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm sick of signature guitars. It's all just marketing. It's just like the commercials in between Saturday morning cartoons using gimmicks to get the interest of kids. We're just convincing our parents to let us get the cool new toy. The only difference is that in this analogy our spouses have replaced our parents and our toys have become a lot more expensive.

Oh no...it's sounds like she's wearing you down! :)
Time to buy another guitar maybe? :)

poodlesrule
November 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Wrong day... the support group meets on Wednesdays. Write it down.

Tig
November 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm sick of signature guitars. It's all just marketing.

That appears to be true for the most part. Some are just standard models with a custom paint color and an extra logo on the head stock. But there are some unique signature models out there that have copied significant mod's from the original guitars, like the electronic mod's of Jimmy Page's Number 1, the Eric Clapton signature that Pete Townshend uses exclusively for his Strat needs, and the David Gilmour black strat with the neck pickup that David said sounds better than the original custom one they copied.

Are they overpriced? Most certainly!
Are some actually cool and necessary? Occasionally.

hubberjub
November 16th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Oh no...it's sounds like she's wearing you down! :)
Time to buy another guitar maybe? :)

Nah, I don't own a piece of gear that I couldn't sell for more than what I paid for it. She lets me buy what I want when it comes to guitars. Cars are a different story.