PDA

View Full Version : PRS introduces new Santana model. Katastrophe drools.

Katastrophe
October 10th, 2010, 12:12 AM
http://prsguitars.com/sesantana/index.php

I'd upload a pic, but the ol' 'puter isn't cooperating. Must be past its bedtime.

24.5" scale length, carved top, purty orange color. Looks good!

Tig
October 10th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Their SE's are lookin' good.
http://prsguitars.com/sesantana/img/front.jpg
http://prsguitars.com/sesantana/img/main1.jpg

Katastrophe
October 10th, 2010, 02:16 AM
That maple top looks fairly thick... I wonder what it sounds like!

Tig
October 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM
That maple top looks fairly thick... I wonder what it sounds like!

These have a carved top as well as the bird inlays.
As much as I liked the 25th Anniversary Custom 24 SE's, I didn't like the flat top, the longer scale, and the body shape they have. This Santana model is juuust right! :thumbsup

kiteman
October 10th, 2010, 08:00 AM
When I was looking for a new guitar (I only had an epi tele) I was checking out the Santana SE guitar and almost pulled the trigger but at the same time on the BD forum the luthier announced the no frills BD model guitar. I liked the BD model so I talked with him. I ended up having him make me one, my first custom made guitar.

Katastrophe
October 10th, 2010, 08:05 AM
These have a carved top as well as the bird inlays.
As much as I liked the 25th Anniversary Custom 24 SE's, I didn't like the flat top, the longer scale, and the body shape they have. This Santana model is juuust right! :thumbsup

I'm gonna have to change my name from Katastrophe to Mo' GAS... 'Cuz that's what I'm suffering from these days!

I'm with ya, Tig... The specs are lookin' mighty fine on this guitar!

kiteman
October 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
And I still want one but not before I get my Carvin SC90.

Maybe someone will come out with Tums for Guitarists, it'll be extra extra extra extra strength as GAS pains are awful.

Tone2TheBone
October 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I had a flattop Custom SE once and it played like buttah but I wasn't crazy about the flat top and thin body so I traded it. THIS baby would be nice to have though.

bigoldron
October 11th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I played a Tremonti SE version at my favorite local store. It was AWESOME! If I can ever afford one, I'm getting a PRS SE. I absolutely love that wide fat neck!

Katastrophe
October 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Me too, Ron. I don't have the biggest hands, but they feel great.

bigoldron
November 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I played a Tremonti SE version at my favorite local store. It was AWESOME! If I can ever afford one, I'm getting a PRS SE. I absolutely love that wide fat neck!

Update on this thread: Don't tell my wife, but I've got a used Tremonti on layaway at said music store. They had 2 - a new one and a used one - and both had the exact same neck and played oh so sweetly. I cut a deal on the used and am working extra to get that baby paid off ASAP.

Both are black, but the used one only has three knobs, while the new one has a more traditional 4 knob layout. The previous owner of mine also has a mini-switch on it for a kill switch. The guy at the store said he played a LOT of metal and would use the kill switch between songs to cut the feedback.

But OMG does it play good! I've been having problems with my left hand wanting to hurt and cramp and it's because I've been playing thin neck guitars. The fat-wide PRS necks are instant relief! Love 'em! :happy

BTW, when I get my new GAS attack home, I'll be sure to post pics!

bcdon
November 5th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Update on this thread: Don't tell my wife, but I've got a used Tremonti on layaway at said music store. They had 2 - a new one and a used one - and both had the exact same neck and played oh so sweetly. I cut a deal on the used and am working extra to get that baby paid off ASAP.

Congrats!! Hope you get that baby home as soon as possible! :dude

Katastrophe
November 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Sweet, Ron! Post a pic or 30 when you get it.

oldguy
November 6th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Congrats, Ron! Hope you love that PRS, (and, I'm trying to be quiet so your wife doesn't find out!)...

bigG
November 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Congratulations, Ron! That's a SWEET guitar, man! :thumbsup

Jimi75
November 6th, 2010, 02:15 PM
The SEs are getting beter and better. The Santana looks pretty decent and I bet it plays and sounds like a dream.