PDA

View Full Version : Demo of the Yamaha I resurrected in another thread

deeaa
October 10th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Just trying to show how easy this guitar is to shred on, I can't shred to save my life or play fast solos anywhere well but I hope it still depicts the insanely low action and fast neck on this resurrected junker.

sRFH79BwoPo

Eric
October 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Dude, I wish I could mail you my Godin Redline. I feel like you'd love it, especially with an 85-X in the bridge and nothing else. It's like every guitar you make, but a nice guitar instead of one rescued from the trash heap. I like it, but you seem to love that type of guitar.

(no offense...just saying that you tend to take junkers and make them into that config)

deeaa
October 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM
None taken! Yep those Godins do look nice.

I do like the looks of many traditional guitars as well, mainly Gibson types, but being pragmatic, I've noticed I ever use a second pickup maybe twice a year, so I just omit it. I do have two on three of my axes and I mainly installed them for the sake of looks, not usage.

One day I'll get me another LP style axe as well, and a very traditional Tele too. I have enough hotrodded, resurrected active guitars now, more than I'd ever really need, so maybe I'll get me a few regular passives next, just for fun and the joy of owning them & sometime playing a completely different sound. And an SG is a must! But, that'll have to wait till I have more money to spend...

Next up, I'm gonna do a fret job on my Flying-V. The neck is brand new actually but I feel the frets are a tad too high and they aren't as level as they could be especially way high up.