PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Class 5 CRANKED!

Robert
October 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hagstrom Viking, and the Marshall Class 5 CRANKED all the way UP, baby! :dance

No pedals used.

24WAY6vQdPo

Jx2
October 12th, 2010, 09:51 PM
That sounds sweet man, seen several of these posted up on craigslist in the last few days. Shame Im in the process of sending my Digitech RP255 back for a Fender Champion 600 or Id see if I couldnt swindle one of these babys home.

MAXIFUNK
October 12th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Robert you looked like you where in heaven.
Nice mix of amp and axe they are great match.

Ch0jin
October 13th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Looks like a very cool little amp.

Aesthetically I'd MUCH prefer one of these little beasts to an EVJ or even the admittedly cute looking Champion 600. Marshall nailed the look on this puppy imo.

Sound wise though, I'm not sure, I'd have to hear one in person. Any thoughts on this, compared to the army of low wattage amps you've tried Robert?

SuperSwede
October 13th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I noticed that smile when you turned up the volume! Its a fantastic sound :))

(nice haircut too :D )

Robert
October 13th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys. It's a cool little amp. Sounds way better than the Epiphone Valve Junior. I haven't tried the Champion 600. It has a lot of oomph for such a small amp - that's what so really cool about it. The bass response is a bit flubby - I would like it tighter, but other than that, it's a great low wattage amp.

marnold
October 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I wonder if the bass issue is a speaker/enclosure thing or if it's something fundamental to the amph itself.

Ch0jin
October 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I wonder if the bass issue is a speaker/enclosure thing or if it's something fundamental to the amph itself.

I'm just guessing here, but based on that "visit to Marshall" vid I posted where they run one through a 4x12, I'd guess you are right with speaker/enclosure.

In the video it sounds EPIC through a 4x12 :)

Katastrophe
October 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I love the feedback you were getting. Great tones, great playing.