PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ

SemiHollow
October 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I joined the forums not too long ago, but only started really looking around recently. I'm currently procrastinating while I start this thread but I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm currently playing an Ibanez AJD91 through various amps. Just this past summer I've bought/sold quite a few amps including;

Marshall AVT50 (sold)
Fender Princeton Chorus (sold; done with SS)
Fender Champion 600 (sold: will def buy another)
Fender Super Champ XD (sold)
Fender Pro Jr (will never sell, but in the process of 'modifying')
Ampeg J 20 (still on the fence)
Fender Pro Tube Twin (not mine, but on a 'long-term loan' from a friend)

As you can tell, I'm partial to Fender amps at this point but I'm constantly digging up and researching different brands to branch out into. I forsee myself spending way too much time on this board.

bcdon
October 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Welcome aboard! Now, are you really partial to Fender amphs or are those the amphs (search the spelling here on The Fret to see why) you bought but didn't sell. ;-) Either way, welcome aboard! :dude

Robert
October 13th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome! I had an Ampet Super-Jet once. Didn't like it.

Brian Krashpad
October 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM
That's quite the turnover!

This place is full of enablers, don't expect your GAS to get any better.

Welcome.

Eric
October 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
...the amphs (search the spelling here on The Fret to see why)...
I'll save you the work; check out this thread for reference:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=403

And welcome!

Tig
October 14th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Welcome to The Fret!
I wouldn't mind having one of those Fender Pro Jr's myself. Quite a good amp for the money. From what I've read, a simple tube and speaker upgrade makes the most difference. Maybe a better output transformer from BillM (http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=545), too.

What part of Jersey are you from?

guitarhack
October 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the fret, and you'll find many ways to acquire G.A.S. here.

SemiHollow
October 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks.

I've never tried the Ampeg Super-Jet but my J20 is a great amp with good clean headroom for such a compact rig.

I like the Pro Jr the best out of practically any amp I've tried with the exception of a 5e3 clone I played through a little while back. At first, I wasn't too impressed but a simple speaker swap to a Weber Alnico did wonders. I find that most stock Fender speakers are pretty harsh. Right now I'm considering buying a new cab and a 12" speaker for the Pro Jr's chassis. I'll def take a look into the OT.